Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz move this to JOKE coz it must be a joke...as it was last year..and the year before that, and the year before that and the year before that and....

:D

·
23,699 Posts
The only difference in the EPL this season so far at least is that Liverpool have been winning in difficult matches when they were trailing behind (including us of course!). Something new and unseen for years. So I am trying not to laugh too loud.... YET... until they drop off from the race.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Makes me sick seriously, they've come back from 2-0 down against City and Wigan barely watertight defences, they haven't had any real tough games, we'll see what they're made of when they play Chelsea this weekend ;)

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
What a bunch of no-hopers
For once I wish Chelski trounce a team and shut these muppets up

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Here we go again with the " we have more character" bs. every year someone comes up with that quote on the liverpool camp, funny stuff, not as funny though as gerrard saying two years ago that bellamy was the missing piece to them winning the prem.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'm waiting until Christmas before passing judgement on Liverpool.

Not only beating but coming from behind to win against us at Anfield will have given them a massive boost to their confidence. I think that is why they are currently capable of coming from behind to beat the likes of City and Wigan. However, you can't keep coming from behind to win.

They have 3 tough looking games on paper - they play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Pompey at Anfield and Spurs at White Hart Lane - before having 6 very winnable games before taking on Arsenal at the Emirates.

If they are still in the title hunt after that then I'll take them seriously this season.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I swear if they finish in the top 3 i'd be mega surprised. I think Arsenal are still better than them. They've been very very lucky so far but Chelsea will give them a lesson next week mark my words.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
the only way they'll get their grubby hands on the premiership is if some of there fans nick the thing....which to be honest i wouldn't put it past them...although i read in the paper recently that one of britain's largest aldi has opened there recently so that'll distract them for a long time.

·
Registered
309 Posts
absolutely thrilled Spurs turned them over yesterday although with regard to the theme of this thread maybe they aren't the luckiest team in the world as by all acounts they were robbed yesterday. Mind you they have had a couple of very fortunate wins eg vs Wigan and boro which goes to show that luck does even itself out over the course of a season.

It is laughable though the media frenzy about the scousers finally having a team to challenge for the title. Witness Phil thompson yesterday on ssn smugly announcing the mickeys of all the teams are best equipped to take the title::confused: The reality is that only Gerrard and possibly Torres of their first choice 11 would get into our team and even those two are arguable at best. glad they won last sunday though as not many teams will take points off Chelsea this season;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts