Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He currently plays for my 2nd favorite team, Werder Bremen, however, declined to sign a new contract meaning he'll leave Bremen at the end of the season for free. He's 6'1", so he's good in the air. He is 28, however I think he'd be a good fit for us. If anybody else watches Bremen commonly, you'll know they play football not unlike ours, very free flowing and very attack minded, so I believe he will be able to fit in almost immediately. I think, given the circumstances and conditions, he would be a good acquisition for us.

·
Banned
292 Posts
In January 2007 it was reported that Klasnić suffered kidney failure, Klasnić shortly after received a kidney transplantation, but not long afterwards, his body rejected the kidney his mother Šima donated. On March 23, 2007 he underwent surgery to replace the rejected kidney. This time receiving a kidney from his father. Klasnić released the following statement: "Thank God, the transplant went very well. My body accepted my father's kidney and we're both doing well. The doctors already told me I would be able to continue playing football."

However in August 2007 the doctors at Werder Bremen forbade him to train due to inability of his body to whitstand heavy physical strain.

In September 2007 doctors finally allowed Ivan Klasnić to attend full training after he was absent for about 6 months. He then joined the team and made a couple appearances in the club's cup activities and also appeared in a few matches for the second team. However, on November 24, 2007 Ivan was selected to start for Werder for the first time since December 2006, and played 65 minutes for his team in a Bundesliga match against Energie Cottbus. Klasnic completed his comeback on December 15, 2007, scoring twice in Bremen's 5-2 victory over Bayer Leverkusen, playing 85 minutes. In March, 2008, Ivan was recalled to national team after a year absence.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
marty davidson said:
i havent seen him before
Cheers for the info Marty :rolleyes:

Off topic but I wanted to ask you something Grif.
Whats the story with Tim Borowski?
I hear he is leaving Werder for pastures new. He scored a sweet goal in
his last home game and then did a lap of honour.
Where is he going and why? I couldnt find any info on this.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's leaving for the dark side, FC Hollywood (Bayern).
His contract is up at the end of this season,
and he didn't resign because he's going to play at Bayern.
It's almost as if we're a feeder team for them.
Anyway, yeah, he scored a nice goal from a volley on the last home game.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Off to Bayern eh?.....
He's been a Bremen player for a decade or so.
I really like Bremen actually, they have a lot of decent players
and play the game the right way a la Man United!
I never really had a team in Germany.
I like Hertha Berlin cos I lived there for 6 weeks but dont know much about them.
Think Ill follow Werder from now on. Never been fond of FC Hollywood anyroad.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
yeah what about diego from breman aswell ... good player, im not keen on klasnic though not good enough for me

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have watched him quite a bit when I was living in Croatia since he is Croatian and I was sad when the hole kindey transplant thing happend because he was crucial for the Croatian Euro Qualifiers...him and Prso and Eduardo make an awsome striking force! I like him loads and I wouldn't mind if he was our back up striker BUT I think we already have Manucho in that role..? A move to Bayern would be awsome for him or even Rangers!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sparkic said:
I have watched him quite a bit when I was living in Croatia since he is Croatian and I was sad when the hole kindey transplant thing happend because he was crucial for the Croatian Euro Qualifiers...him and Prso and Eduardo make an awsome striking force! I like him loads and I wouldn't mind if he was our back up striker BUT I think we already have Manucho in that role..? A move to Bayern would be awsome for him or even Rangers!
Bayern or Rangers? Werder Bremen to Bayern? No, that would be a step down, and the Rangers would be about 20 steps down. If those are the two clubs he doesn't go to, I'll be happy with that.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Klasnic confirms Werder exit

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11881_3574610,00.html

Striker to leave Werder in the summer

Werder Bremen striker Ivan Klasnic will leave the club at the end of the season.

The Croatia international star, who has been at the centre of recent controversy after taking the club's doctor to court over the treatment of his kidney complaint, has decided look for pastures new.

"Staying at Bremen would have meant that I would have still been treated by the doctor who is being sued by my lawyer for what I consider to be a case of gross mistreatment," he told the German press.

Bremen had hoped to persuade the 28-year-old to stay on following an impressive comeback in the second half of this season, but he has now rejected the offer of a new deal.

Great striker

"We had hoped for another result as Ivan is a great striker who has shown his class following his kidney operation," Bremen sport director Klaus Allofs commented.

"However, we accept his decision to look for a new challenge after seven successful years with us and we wish him well for his future."

Early press reports claim that Bundesliga rivals Hannover and Turkish giants Besiktas are interested in signing Klasnic.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I haven't see him at all so wouldn't know anything.

If we did sign anyone from Bremen, it would be Diego imo. But I still can't see us signing him either.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Winter Move For Nantes' Klasnić?
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1139/croatia/2008/11/20/973381/winter-move-for-nantes-klasnic

Having made a disappointing start to his career in Nantes, Croatian international forward Ivan Klasnić may be quickly shifted on during the January transfer window…

Even the most cynical of Nantes supporters would have raised a smile at the news this summer that Croatian international striker Ivan Klasnić was joining Loire-Atlantique club. A regular goal scorer with Werder Bremen in Germany, the striker was expected to thrive in the west coast of France.

For whatever reason, Klasnić has failed to settle on the field and has nearly gone half the season without finding his first goal for les Canaris. The 28 year-old forward has played ten matches, all from the outset, but is yet to find the net.

Despite being signed up on a four year deal, Nantes president, Waldemir Kita, who is not someone known for his endless patience, as previous head coach of the club Michel der Zakarian found out when he was sacked earlier this season, is already considering the Croat's future.

“It begs the question whether Klasnić is a player for the game in Nantes,†the Franco-Pole mused to Presse-Océan. “I wonder why [Michael] Gravgaard of Denmark and Ivan Klasnić, who scored goals in the Bundesliga, have not arrived here with their best form.

“The departure of Klasnić is not only about me but about him too. We have discussed it. In any case, I will not let a player like that be destroyed. If he wants to go, then he will leave.â€

Robin Bairner

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Nantes are struggling in Ligue 1 and Klasnic has done nowt. nantes are my team
in France and I hope they can stay up. I was expecting more from Klasnic. Oh well.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
good player, but like alot of good players in the world he is not united material tbh, plus we already have tevez, wellbeck, and manucho as backups, so I dont see him coming.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts