Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard on 606 that Jaap Stam is our south America scout and is responsible for finding fabio, rafael etc

Is this true???? I was a bit suprised considering the history with fergie.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
No john Calvert Toulmin found Rafael and Fab. But Stam is now full time in South America. He has recommended both Walter and Douglas to Fergie however according to a few of the British tabloids.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He must have made up with fergie then, though I know fergie admitted that letting stam go was his biggest regret in terms of player sales

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
I just heard on 606 that Jaap Stam is our south America scout and is responsible for finding fabio, rafael etc

Is this true???? I was a bit suprised considering the history with fergie.
We signed Fabio and Rafael about 3 years ago.

When Jaap was still ******* playing.

Dont ever believe what you hear on 606.

He has done a bit of scouting for us though, looked at Douglas Costa for us and undoubtedly other targets.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Jaap Stam is part of a team of scouts we very recently set up in Brazil. Fabio and Rafael were signed a long time before he was involved.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
I thought it was Les Kershaw found the twins

EDIT: From Wiki:

Rafael's professional football career began with Fluminense in Brazil, where he played at youth level.[1] Rafael and his brother Fábio were brought to the attention of Manchester United by club scout Les Kershaw in the summer of 2005 while playing for Fluminense in a youth tournament in Hong Kong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts