Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everton's Phil Jagielka and David Moyes have been named the Barclays Player and Manager of the Month for February respectively.

Classy defender Jagielka and Toffees gaffer Moyes have been rewarded for helping their team accumulate two wins and a draw last month.

Moyes' side did not concede a single goal as they recorded wins over Bolton Wanderers and West Brom at Goodison Park, which sandwiched an away goalless draw at Newcastle, as they gained ground on Aston Villa and Arsenal to move within two points of a European place.

Loan signing Jo provided two goals on his debut in a 3-0 victory against Bolton after Mikel Arteta had opened the scoring from the penalty spot.

Tim Cahill and substitute Louis Saha, meanwhile, were on target for the Toffees in their 2-0 triumph over Albion.

Jagielka has been hailed as a major factor behind Everton's defensive stubbornness, with his form earning him his first full England start in February's friendly in Spain.

Although now established as a first-choice Everton centre-back, he once more showed his versatility against Newcastle, where in the absence of Tony Hibbert he deputised at right-back.

This is Jagielka's first Barclays Player of the Month award, whilst Moyes has scooped the managerial award on four previous occasions, most recently in February 2008.

The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football's governing bodies, the media and fans.

did they deserve this or it was too much to give us another reward

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its deserved in my eyes. Everton have been quietly climbing the table after a poor start,
and couple that with the fact they have had big injuries to key players as well
(Saha, Yakubu, Cahill and now Anichebe and Arteta)
Moyes has done a great job. Quarter final of the cup as well....

We had a thread a while ago about Jagielka and he has easily been Everton's best player this season.
Solid as a rock at the back, so this award is deserved as was his england call up.

Although Giggs was pretty awesome in February....

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
well deserved both

as it was said everton had many injures yet moyes coped with that and climbed the table neatly
and Jagielka have proved that hes quality imo hes the 2nd best defender after vidic this season and he would be partnering Vida in the team of the season

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Jagielka is a cracking player. He was outstanding in both games vs the pool. Being a centre half myself I really admire him.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Yep agreed well deserved for both of them, how moyes keeps that team going with all there injuries is amazing. Top quality manager and jagielka ain't bad too :)

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Jagielka's definitely among the top defenders in the country
Will be in the race for Premier League team of the season

1 - 12 of 12 Posts