Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard that Manchester United are ready to offer Wes Brown and Louis Saha to Tottenham Hotspur in exchange for Dimitar Bervatov.

But Tottenham have said that if they want Berbatov they will have to offer 9m plus Nani :eek:

I therefore dont think that this deal will go ahead in anyway atall as i cant see Nani or Brown leaving for Tottenham (Saha for Berbatov could be good though)

Wes Brown has already been convinced to join Newcastle on a free at the end of the season after some persuasion from Alan Smith and Nicky Butt.

What do other people think on this matter??

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The reports I heard last night were Brown + Saha + £6m for Berbatov.

I would really like to see Berbatov at United but this rumour doesn't make any sense to me.

In January, Brown can negotiate a pre-contract with any club he wishes because he will be in the last 6 months of his contract. I think we need a 4th striker and a left-back in the transfer window but with this deal we would be losing cover at right and centre-back and would still only have 3 strikers.

Also, aren't Tevez, Rooney and Berbatov a bit too similar in their style of play? We'd have brilliant cover if one got injured but we'd have no variation to our style of play up front. I'd like us to have a pacy striker that can make runs through the opposition defence...like Saha!

·
Registered
78 Posts
In January Brown can negotiate with any foreign club hes not allowed to speak to any English clubs until the summer.
This would be an ideal signing but the chances of it coming off are pretty slim, can anyone see Saha passing a medical anywhere??

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
i think we need a fourth striker, and bring the brazilian twins over, they would be ideal with brown leaving and thus providing cover for neville and evra, and good experience for them to train with the first team, but i don"t think we will buy anyone in january anyway maybe in the summer

N

·
0 Posts
lol the one i heard was brown+saha+12mil for him...but i dont really want berbatov anymore hearing that he doens't work hard and sh!t

1 - 9 of 9 Posts