Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This as probably already been covered but i have just read that Defoe wants to leave Portsmouth and we need a goalpoacher like Van Nistelrooy was/is,

A team in all competitions still needs 4 quality strikers i think and we only have 3 im thinking that Defoe could be the 4th and that would also be our goal poacher sorted as he doesnt drop back or sit deep like Rooney, Tev and Berba do i think he would be a great asset for the 2nd half o the season what do ya all think???

(ps if this is in wrong section feel free to move it/delete it or whatever it is u mods do)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Defoe

I think Fergie was quoted as saying after the Boro game that Utd are wasteful in front of goal. Defoe, whilst (in my opinion) is not world class, he is at least a proven goal scorer in the Premiership. He is also a different type of player to Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez. I prefer Defoe to Berbatov, who hasn't yet justified his £30 million price tag.

That said, Utd have Welbeck, Campbell and Manucho. Once they've had a decent run in the team, they could be absolute revelations.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
We were linked to him before he joined Pompey. No need for him now, he's a decent player and could do a good job as a fringe player at another top 4 side.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He's the type of player I think we need.

I have said several times that we either need a big, strong finisher who can hold the ball (RVN) or a quick, pacey striker, which Defoe would fit into.

He would add a different dimension to our game imo. However, his price will be inflated and he wouldn't be worth what they were asking for imo.

·
Registered
137 Posts
We have three top drawer strikers. Each worth £25m+. We are already struggling to keep Tevez happy and struggling to forge any kind of chemistry between any of the strikers as we are constantly chopping and changing. Throw Jermain Defoe into the mix and we could potentially have a strike force meltdown with potentially £60m sitting on the bench.

This is the last thing we would need.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
He couldn't cut it at United, he bottles it on the big stage and United is always a big stage. Thats why he never plays well for England.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
wouldnt mind him here would pefer micheal owen though as he would be cheaper and hes a simalr type player! dont think anyone will be comeing in in jan anyway

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
He's world class imo,but not the sort of target man, we're looking for.

i dont think we nescairlly need a big target man we could do with a defoe type player who stays on the lastdefnders shoulder and is a clincal finisher! we just need somebody who doesnt get involved in the play and cn stick the ball in the net without a seconds hesitation

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Justice said:
Got nothing on Tevs or Roon, waste of 20mil.
20 mill is the going rate for most strikers these days! hes a diffrent type o player from roon and tevez anyway he wants to just put the ball in the net where as rooney and tevez and co want to play pretty stuff and be invoved in the build up

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
id take a punt on him if he was available for about £10m , but 20m is a joke.
the fact fergie hasnt tried to sign him before says it all.
no doubt he is a good finisher, but id rather see michael owen sign for us , he would be good for £5m and he is twice the finisher defoe is.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
thekeanefella said:
id take a punt on him if he was available for about £10m , but 20m is a joke.
the fact fergie hasnt tried to sign him before says it all.
no doubt he is a good finisher, but id rather see michael owen sign for us , he would be good for £5m and he is twice the finisher defoe is.
owen at 5 million would be one of the bargins of the decade imo and would be great for us!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
:eek: hes a over rated munchkin and a spit on the very earth he walks on .

sully our great clubs good name by association would ya:mad:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i can see him go to villa though.. will be a great club for him and they need more strikers there anyways.. they do have gabby, carew and delfeonuso but having defoe partnering with gabby will be dangerous.. with young crossing.. they can really push for 4th

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
red dave said:
Rated him when he broke through but he has struggled at international level so he isnt United class .
You'll find Steve Bruce didn't even get capped. Cantona wasn't good at the international level either. A lot of great players don't do much for their countries.

That being said, Defoe isn't United class, regardless of his England performances, he's just not good enough, as he always seems to choke when it matters.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts