Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking for a job in the Football media industry, basically is anyone on this forum lucky enough to have one ? I am looking at anything between United's web design or World Football Magazine Journalism ... if anyone was in this line of work or looking for this type of work i would be interested in hearing your thoughts, thanks guys :)

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Why don't you e-mail the official website. I have always found them helpful with any inquiries I' ve had. I presume you have the necessary qualifications to work in this area, right ? I'm first year in college now and I'm studying French,German and Spanish. The second I'm finishED I 'm going to try to get a job as a translator/interpretor for the club. Could end up working with Tev or Ron for all we know. LOL

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it seems this is a very tough industry to get into, it's not what you know, it's who you know. I've got i contact with United, the BBC, Sky Sports, and im going to try and contact Four Four Two Magazine aswell. I just couldnt think of anything better to be doing with my working life bar being a professional footballer, which is fairy slim now im 18 and a few seasons ago i was released from Watford, so naturally all im interested in is Football,

Good Luck with workng with Ron and Carlos berba lol

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone have any information of how you would go about getting a job in the Football media industry ?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, this is interesting as I too want to work in the media industry. I would prefer it to be in football, but would be interested in more general topics. But I'm still at school so have quite a way to go before I start thinking about the industry.

My suggestion would be to contact TV/Radio stations (local and nationally,) newspapers (local and nationally,) magazines etc and say that you're wanting to get into the industry, and if they can offer any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah have tried this, sent quite a few emails ... no joy so far. It seems quite a difficault thing to get into but im very determind to find a way, i suppose you have to be quite persistant with these things, it would be interesting to hear from somebody in th line of work though.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
yeah have tried this, sent quite a few emails ... no joy so far. It seems quite a difficault thing to get into but im very determind to find a way, i suppose you have to be quite persistant with these things, it would be interesting to hear from somebody in th line of work though.
Have you ever thought about trying to get into another line of journalism/reporting/presenting first and then get into sports reporting in a few years time?

I don't know how hard that would be.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i think it's worth thinking about. I've also done a media course at 6th form so it's possible that could be benificial.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Drew9 said:
you have to spell punctuate use capitals etc properly first :D you seem as bad at this as me so unless you brush up on that you havent a hope in hell . a qualification in media studies and a job on a paper whatever the job are good starting places

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny man ^^^ i have that qualification mate :) not that it seems worth the paper it's written on lol

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Drew9 said:
Funny man ^^^ i have that qualification mate :) not that it seems worth the paper it's written on lol
seriously any job on a paper or local radio maybe even do hospital radio --- read biographies of most sport journos and you will see they followed that route

1 - 11 of 11 Posts