Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k folks forget that he plays for chelski a moment if you will .

Carrick is turning into an 18 million pound bargain .

Whenever Joe Cole plays he has me on edge of seat .

Fergie wanted him when he was at West Ham and he is miles ahead of Nani in ability .

Scolari clearly does not like him and his form suffers from so few outings .

I reckon if we teamed him back up with Carrick our squad next year would be truly breathtaking .

When chelsea were purring him and robben were the reason why ---sure drogba scored more and lampard got the plaudits but Cole can spread panic in a defence .

I reckon a 20 million bid and Chelsea would snap our hands off - i also think as he got older he could do what ryan does so well at the moment .

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I rate him haggs, think he is very good and could suit our attacking style well. He's on par with Young IMO.

I doubt Big Phil doesn't rate him though, he was in the team till his injury.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VaVaVoom said:
I rate him haggs, think he is very good and could suit our attacking style well. He's on par with Young IMO.

I doubt Big Phil doesn't rate him though, he was in the team till his injury.
he was in the team much like robbie keane at anfailed though ---i also reckon he needs a change of scene and he could swap waxing tips with ronnie :eek:

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Okay, i will forget he is a Chelsea player for this just one second.
I`ve always admired him, unlike most English Players, he always gives his heart when playing for his country.

But is he a priority ? Do we need another Attacking Midfielder/Winger/Second Striker in the team?

Let`s try to improve Nani first, if we buy players so that to cover the so called under performers, then they won`t have first team opportunities and they`ll remain idiots. Nani is 22 years old, he will improve for gods sake. Forget Cole, and let`s see how we can enhance what we`ve got.

Just my opinion.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'd love to see him here, even if he cost £20m.

He's absolute class, miles ahead of Nani as you say and I think a move could get him back onto top form.

I doubt it'll happen tbh, but it's a nice thought.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Would anyone agree that he's Englands best winger ATM?

OHHHH and wonder if we did sign him, would he take his Chelsea wrist band with him :p

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-zuco- said:
Yeah let's sign him. Hargreaves could do with a bit of company in the gym.
hargo will be like the terminator next year ---or the bionic man . or a powered up pacman . delete as applicable

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Right lads don't want to burst you bubble but i don't think we should sign him. For 20 million, we'll get 3-4 seasons out of him(if he stays fit.....prob not). To me it's not good business, sure he's a cracking player but he's in his prime atm. He won't get better, unlike Ashley Young. He'll be an incredible player. If we were bidding 20 million, we should offer that for Young.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
peterswellman said:
Right lads don't want to burst you bubble but i don't think we should sign him. For 20 million, we'll get 3-4 seasons out of him(if he stays fit.....prob not). To me it's not good business, sure he's a cracking player but he's in his prime atm. He won't get better, unlike Ashley Young. He'll be an incredible player. If we were bidding 20 million, we should offer that for Young.
Agreed but i cant see villa letting young go for any money . I honestly think we could get Joe .

Fergie has thrived so long as he always ensures that when one player reaches end of time he has blooded replacements .

Wenger thought he could just bung a whole side of kids in at once and he is being burned ,as the likes of flamini were not prepared to wait for success .

Agbonlahour is the same in as much as i think he will be great but o neill wont let him go .

Randy learner seems to be the ideal money man -- villa struck lucky there as i do not think they will sell any stars any more .

·
Registered
734 Posts
id love to see Joe Cole at united he is quality iv always liked watching him play hes a very clever player i think he would work extremely well in our team.
I doubt it will ever happen tho as chelsea wouldnt be smart in selling one of there best players to there biggest rivals.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
haggler said:
Agreed but i cant see villa letting young go for any money . I honestly think we could get Joe .

Fergie has thrived so long as he always ensures that when one player reaches end of time he has blooded replacements .

Wenger thought he could just bung a whole side of kids in at once and he is being burned ,as the likes of flamini were not prepared to wait for success .

Agbonlahour is the same in as much as i think he will be great but o neill wont let him go .

Randy learner seems to be the ideal money man -- villa struck lucky there as i do not think they will sell any stars any more .

Indeed you are right. I would say it would take double the 20 minimum to try and prise Young away from Villa. Like you said, same with Gabby 'Idbangawhore'.

Cole is light years ahead of Nani, that's for sure. He might be a good signing but i don't think he'll make a move, especially with the signing of Tosic.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
He is quite inconsistent and is a bit of a sick note, but on his day he's a very good player. But I really don't see there being any chance of Chelsea selling him to us

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
peterswellman said:
Indeed you are right. I would say it would take double the 20 minimum to try and prise Young away from Villa. Like you said, same with Gabby 'Idbangawhore'.

Cole is light years ahead of Nani, that's for sure. He might be a good signing but i don't think he'll make a move, especially with the signing of Tosic.
tosic and ljajakicics why cant he have an easy name :D came in almost unnoticed by other clubs so it will be great to see how they come on .

I think these bids are all down to timing anyway as Fergie said when he got Cantona it was a tongue in cheek remark to Howard Wilkinson that he expected to be brushed away -yet we got a total bargain down to clash of personality .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
-zuco- said:
Yeah let's sign him. Hargreaves could do with a bit of company in the gym.

Sarcastic yet correct at the same time why anyone would want joe cole at United with his injury record is beyond me.

I think is quality but is any better than what we have already not really so whats the point .

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Its a great shame we never got him the first time around when he was a youngster. Don't really need him...though i wouldn't be complaining..because he's a quality player and one i really like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yer i agree his boat has passed. Can remember wen United beat West Ham heavily at Old trafford and Cole came on as sub and he was CLASS. Then was the time to buy him imo.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts