Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
hamma11 said:
He'd be a great signing.no matter how old he is
lol no, not when he is like 30 years old. We should save our money for upcoming kids and not oldies.

I support the young talent, the old ones already had their time. Let`s work with the kidz, and its Nani whom we should work with. Joe Cole? Nahhhh .

·
Registered
629 Posts
Joe Cole is a fantastic player. There is no doubt about that. But I don't see the need to buy a winger at the moment, We have Nani who is still very young and I fully believe he can become a really good player for us in the coming few seasons. We also have Park who does a great job for us on the wings and we have our new signing Tosic who I'm sure will play a bigger role next season.

Joe Cole is a great player, but he is too injured often and that is one reason we shouldn't buy the guy. As it is he plays for Chelsea and I don't think Chelsea will sell them to us no matter what. So there is no point discussing the prospects of him becoming a United player.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I rate him highly. However there are two problems I can see with trying to sign him.

Firstly I think he's loyal to Chelsea. He's at a big team, well liked, they've done good by him. Why would he leave?

Secondly I just always had this feeling he can strike sparks with strong willed managers.

I mean he had more than his fair his share of arguments with Mourinho over neglecting his defensive duties & other things.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
He would be a good addition to the squad imo but we really don't need him. Perhaps if we sell a winger - but we have no reason to. I'm really happy with our wingers and I am really hopeful/confident that Tosic will be a future star. I really do believe and even some of my scouse mates say that we have the best wingers in england and even in europe and world football. Ronaldo, Park, Nani, Tosic (all international representatives for their countries and regulars too) and the likes of Giggs (best left winger ever!), Rooney, Fletcher, Rafa, Fabio, Gibson and Hargo who can play there, its an area we are quite well equipped and no team can brag about their quality of wingers like we can. Joe Cole could become our 1st choice left winger if he works hard but if he plays anything like he did at OT in the 3-0 mauling of Chelsea then I would rather have Park over him anyday ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
sparkic said:
He would be a good addition to the squad imo but we really don't need him. Perhaps if we sell a winger - but we have no reason to. I'm really happy with our wingers and I am really hopeful/confident that Tosic will be a future star. I really do believe and even some of my scouse mates say that we have the best wingers in england and even in europe and world football. Ronaldo, Park, Nani, Tosic (all international representatives for their countries and regulars too) and the likes of Giggs (best left winger ever!), Rooney, Fletcher, Rafa, Fabio, Gibson and Hargo who can play there, its an area we are quite well equipped and no team can brag about their quality of wingers like we can. Joe Cole could become our 1st choice left winger if he works hard but if he plays anything like he did at OT in the 3-0 mauling of Chelsea then I would rather have Park over him anyday ;)

I think we could use a Joe Cole in our squad. He could play as a winger or behind the strikers.

To be honest, I htink it's too early to say we have the best wingers in Europe.

Maybe in England, but that's also debatable. If Nani can step it up that would definitely be the case.You mentioned that the likes of Rooney, Fletcher, Rafa, Fabio, Gibson and Hargo can play there, but of those only hargo has performed well on the wing and I haven't seen Fabio in that position yet.

It's also way too early to pass any judgment on Tosic. I like what I've seen so far and he seems to be smart with his possession, but he might need some time to bloom too.

So until Nani and tosic get there, I wouldn't mind someone of Joe Cole's calibre.

This sale is as likely to happen as me going on a date with Eva Mendes though

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't really know how to phrase this without people thinking I'm Berbatov bashing but here goes;

Why is everyone dismissing the Cole signing by saying "We shouldn't spend money on oldies?" Berbatov is 27, 28 this year. Joe Cole is 27, 28 this year.

So I guess we shouldn't have signed Berbatov either then? :confused:

·
Registered
366 Posts
haggler said:
hargo will be like the terminator next year ---or the bionic man . or a powered up pacman . delete as applicable
The only player or position i can see being reinforced next season will be up front . The situation with Tevez will we / wont we pay X amount for him . Plus this whole recession ***** will make all chairmen very sceptical when it comes to big money signings . There's not a club in the land that will not see lower revenue between now and the end of the season . I agree with you though Haggs sell Nani and you might have to add another 10m to get Cole . Now that the special one has gone Cole might not feel too devoted to a manager who will not play him .

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
manutd004 said:
I don't really know how to phrase this without people thinking I'm Berbatov bashing but here goes;

Why is everyone dismissing the Cole signing by saying "We shouldn't spend money on oldies?" Berbatov is 27, 28 this year. Joe Cole is 27, 28 this year.

So I guess we shouldn't have signed Berbatov either then? :confused:
Ban him, he hates Berbatov :mad:

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.