Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
He hasn't done much worse on the pitch than players like Robbie Savage, Alan Smith and CHRIS MORGAN have done.

His off the pitch behavious is terrible.
most def. robbie savage is hated every ground he goes to even by own fans but cant say his mugged over one of his team mates during training.

barton should just take hattons place and go for pound for pound fighter. both city boys both love throwing punches

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
second rate footballer is what i think of em, and some people think hes gud and that hes hard, piece shit is all he is, hes at the rite club with newcastle, championship football next season for a championship player like em...

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He's had far too many chances. Every time he has done something wrong, his manager seems to say "Everyone makes mistakes and he deserves a second chance" but his "second chance" has ended up as his 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th, then 5th etc. His time should have been up a long time ago.

G

·
Joey Barton seems certain to be shown the door by Newcastle United this summer, whatever division the club are playing in. The troubled midfielder has spent time in prison and received a handful of final warnings since arriving at St James' Park from Manchester City for £5.8m two years ago, but his sending-off at Anfield on Sunday almost certainly came as the final straw.
Ignoring Alan Shearer's exhortations to stay out of trouble, Barton instead marked his comeback from injury by being shown a straight red card for a reckless challenge on Xabi Alonso *during Newcastle's 3–0 defeat at Liverpool.
It is understood that, having specifically warned the 26-year-old immediately before kick-off against *making similarly ill-advised tackles, Shearer refused to accept the player's post-match apology.
Barton, playing his first game since fracturing a foot at Manchester City in January, will now be suspended for Newcastle's final three games of the season at home to Middlesbrough and Fulham and away at Aston Villa. He will also be fined two weeks' wages – £128,000 – by the club.
I thought he could do something different," said Shearer yesterday. "But I didn't think he'd go on and get a red card. I'd asked him not to do that."
Although a suspended six-game ban imposed by the Football Association last September still hangs over his head in the wake of Barton's training-ground assault on his former City team-mate Ousmane Dabo in 2007, Newcastle have been advised that it will not be activated by the tackle on Alonso as it is thought the *sending-off was almost certainly for *serious foul play. It would take a dismissal for violent conduct to trigger that additional ban and the FA expects to confirm that this is not the case on receipt of the referee Phil Dowd's report tomorrow.
Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, tried to offload Barton when he was imprisoned for 77 days last summer as the result of an assault in Liverpool's city centre in December 2007. However, Kevin Keegan, the club's then manager, talked Ashley out of it, persuading him that Barton deserved a final chance. When Bolton Wanderers made a bid for his services in January, Shearer's predecessor, Joe Kinnear, again dissuaded Ashley from selling while also fending off interest from Portsmouth. Future suitors will not be similarly discouraged.

Joey Barton's red card to be his last act for Newcastle United | Football | The Guardian

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Sky Sports | Football | News | Magpies suspend Barton

Newcastle United have suspended midfielder Joey Barton until further notice.

The 26-year-old was sent off for the fourth time in his career in the Magpies' 3-0 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.

Manager Alan Shearer entrusted the former Manchester City man to cope with the pressure on Merseyside, but was left fuming after Barton was dismissed for a reckless challenge on Xabi Alonso.

Newcastle have not divulged the reasons behind Barton's suspension, although it is believed to stem from an alleged bust-up between Shearer and the midfielder in the aftermath of the defeat.
No link

Sky Sports News understands that Barton's suspension is not directly linked to his dismissal for his tackle on Alonso, but for his apparent clash with Shearer.

This latest move by Newcastle could well end Barton's career on Tyneside after he was backed by the club following his release from prison last summer.

"Newcastle United can confirm that Joey Barton has been suspended from the club until further notice," read a statement on the club's official website.

"The club will be making no further comment on the matter at this time."
Delighted.:D

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
this is really sad. i remember a few seasons ago, he was performing so well that he should have got a england call up. he was good at defending, good at creating. only that, it all went downhill for him.

he just didnt had a manager like SAF to guide him, and i think he got too big headed with all the praises he got.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Not happy to hear this, i would have loved the guy to begin a new life, forget the past, turns a new page and be successful. I wanted him to be a model young boys should look at. Unfortunately, changing your attitude is very difficult, especially when you have been surrounded by not the best people around who influenced you in so many ways. He has been given many chances, he should have spent the time in jail better, by looking back and seeing how he should change and reform himself. Unfortunately, his mistakes one after the other has become inexcusable now, and altough skilfully he has got everything in order to make it to the top, his attitude just ain't right and it will interfere with his career.

I can't see how Newcastle can keep him, they've already done too much with him, kept the faith in the lad whereas some other club would have showed him the back door immediately.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Looks like Barton is certain to leaves Newcastle this summer.
Then I was wondering what club will give him another chance, seriously.

So I was thinking and I reckon Barton will move to Ipswich.
I'm nearly sure of it. Roy Keane is the one manager that can get the best out of this lad.
It would be another chance for Joey to redeem himself, even though he never will.

Barton would be a brillant signing for any Championship club even though he's had his problems.
He always was a decent footballer and i think it's only 2 years ago he played for England.

Anyway you heard it here first, Joey Barton to Ipswich in the summer.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
On SSN they showed a compilation of Joey Barton moments. The incidents with Dabo and a youth team player at City, in a town centre, when he mooned the Everton fans and his various red cards.

I find it hard to believe that any club would be willing to pay his wages after this latest incident. No doubt some idiot manager will take a punt on him though. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.