Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are your thoughts on him how do you think hes done this season?

this thread comes about after i was watching the coverage of the United Inter match and one of the panel said that all the united fans disliked him and thought he was abit of a "joke" and don't see how he hes still at the club!

so what do you think?

Z

·
0 Posts
Quality squad player. Every team needs a John O' Shea or two. He comes in when called upon, does his job and never complains. He's been one of our best defenders in our record breaking run too.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quality squad player. Every team needs a John O' Shea or two. He comes in when called upon, does his job and never complains. He's been one of our best defenders in our record breaking run too.
ya i agree and whats great about him is he never complains and his great versatility too he can play anywhere across the back four and in midfield too! i also think its been his best season since his break through season when he was top class!

don't see how anyone couldn't rate him now tbh

Z

·
0 Posts
ya i agree and whats great about him is he never complains and his great versatility too he can play anywhere across the back four and in midfield too! i also think its been his best season since his break through season when he was top class!

don't see how anyone couldn't rate him now tbh
How can anyone not love this man? :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
People who don't realize his worth and how valuable he is to the squad play too much football manager. Only need to look to the galactico squad for Real Madrid and see how having all those egos worked for them. Both he and Fletch serve their roles quite nicely.

·
23,699 Posts
"Quality squad player. Every team needs a John O' Shea or two. He comes in when called upon, does his job and never complains. He's been one of our best defenders in our record breaking run too."

"ya i agree and whats great about him is he never complains and his great versatility too he can play anywhere across the back four and in midfield too! i also think its been his best season since his break through season when he was top class!"

"People who don't realize his worth and how valuable he is to the squad play too much football manager. Only need to look to the galactico squad for Real Madrid and see how having all those egos worked for them. Both he and Fletch serve their roles quite nicely."

Just to let you know there is nothing left for me to say. :thumbsup: :bye2:

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
i appreciate players like John O`Shea more than anyone else .. In this world of football when it`s so difficult to have loyal players, such lads are a breath of fresh air and you realise that loyality exists somewhere in this game.
He has been blessed with versatility, his style of play is vital to the team. He ain`t no world class but maybe, just maybe .. that`s what makes him special .. That with his simplicity he can make such good performances, that lead us to the double last season and will lead us to more successes in the future.

Gotta love this guy, he`s a gem.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
"Quality squad player. Every team needs a John O' Shea or two. He comes in when called upon, does his job and never complains. He's been one of our best defenders in our record breaking run too."

"ya i agree and whats great about him is he never complains and his great versatility too he can play anywhere across the back four and in midfield too! i also think its been his best season since his break through season when he was top class!"

"People who don't realize his worth and how valuable he is to the squad play too much football manager. Only need to look to the galactico squad for Real Madrid and see how having all those egos worked for them. Both he and Fletch serve their roles quite nicely."

Just to let you know there is nothing left for me to say. :thumbsup: :bye2:
word! He has been an integral part of that Prem defensive record as well. Gotta love the Jonner.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the other great thing is that he seems to just always have a smile on his face and seems to just enjoy his life and be a top lad off the pitch too!

him Park and Fletcher are great imo there not world class stars who will be known by everyone in the world like Beckham and Ronaldo but there just happy tio get there chance whenever it comes and im glad that there getting alot of game time this season

i really do believe we have the best squad players in the world and that's why were so successful IMO

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I love John O'Shea! (yes I realise that makes it sound like we're having a gay affair) He never complains, and always just comes into the team, in a variety of positions, settles himself in and does the simple thing then waits for his next opportunity in the team. Its really important for us having such versatile cover and an example of loyalty.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
He's a good squad player, but his first touch is horrendous.

In the bigger scheme of things though, a championship-winning squad absolutely needs a John O'Shea, cos when the starters are suspended or injured, this guy comes in, gives 100% and hardly ever lets anybody down.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
i really do believe we have the best squad players in the world and that's why were so successful IMO
It is a big part of the reason. You are only as strong as your weakest link. Doesn't hurt to have Rooney, Ronnie, and Vidic as the strong links as well though. ;)

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
He's a good squad player, but his first touch is horrendous.

In the bigger scheme of things though, a championship-winning squad absolutely needs a John O'Shea, cos when the starters are suspended or injured, this guy comes in, gives 100% and hardly ever lets anybody down.
I agree with everything you sayed there mate

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is a big part of the reason. You are only as strong as your weakest link. Doesn't hurt to have Rooney, Ronnie, and Vidic as the strong links as well though. ;)
true ;) but if we had yossi benyoun to come in we would be alot worse off :p

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't really have anything else to add to what's already been said.

He's having good season this year, his best since his breakthrough as Canto and Piazza said. His attitude and versatility are great assets to the squad and he's a great player to have.

Successful teams need O'Sheas, Fletchers and Parks imo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The versatility he shows is second to none, very much a 'squad player'. Utd would be a worse off place without him.

My other half absolutely hates him but you cannot deny he is an integral part of the set up.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
versus inter he was very very good

i think he can do his job and he is the best sqaud player around and probably my top favourite player after andy cole giggs and vidic :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts