Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/man-utd-chat/19451-players-season-so-far-2.html <------ thats a link..... see post 19

i was gonna make a thread but have been to busy lately.

I think people have underrated him this season. He's played most of the record breaking run and looked solid as hell. He's no Evra going forward but i'm not as worried as other seasons to see his name on the starting 11. I'm finally beginning to see why Fergis keeps playing him.

To me he's been our most improved player this season. Our shaky sheasy has become steady.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Mourinho deliberately moved Ibrahimovic over facing O'Shea in the 2nd half, thinking he was our weak spot, but O'Shea did really well. He's been really solid this season, tackling is usually spot on.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I made him my motm v inter.

He's been great this season in a very difficult role and was a key component of our record breaking clean sheet run.

Way to go Sheasy! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
he's not the fastest, nor the skilfull of players and yet he still plays on the highest level that is required to be playing for the european and the world champions...

that tells you that he's one of the more intelligent players, cos he hardly gets expossed or make blunders...one of the few players who plays with both feet and here is why i like him very very much - he's a true representative of an ordinary united fan who'd give everything for just 10 seconds on the pitch in front of the sold out stadium...
a true servant, never moans and always does his part - that's why i love johnny

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
In an attacking set up he is absolutely terrible. In a time when we need a big back 4 to out muscle the opposition, he is usually very strong.
i wouldn't say he's terrible - remember the passes for carrick against everton from which we got (or should have gotten )the penalty - and for ronaldo in what was amoung our best chances against inter

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Good squad player, but he is easily the worst we have, not including the likes of Eckersley.

He is quite good defensively. He's solid, never lests you down, even if he isn't the type to play 'very well'.

He needs to practise on his technique IMO. He just looks so heavy on the ball, and has anyone noticed the amount of times the ball simply slides under his foot and out for a throw in to the oppisition? A Manutd player who is on probably 50K a week should be able to control a ball.

Attack-wise he's none existant. Can't cross, is slow, poor vision, shocking passing with 1-2's ect.

I think he needs to move on soon enough. He's 27 now, and is blocking Fabio's progress. He could be playing every week at a team like West Brom, though I suppose being a squad player at Manutd is bettet than being a starter at 90% of other clubs.

Overall, a good squad player, but easily the worst in our squad. Great proffesional though, who has earnt his final start on Sunday.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.