Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that lately this place has been a platform for player bashing... We've all done it, including myself as you know my history with berbatov :p, so in order to at least stop it for a little bit i would like to applaud for a really good contribution that John O'Shea brought covering for evra or neville..

His pass for Carrick against Everton ( should have been a penalty ), then his assist to Berbatov against Fulham, then his solid performance in milan with his great pass for ronaldo for one of the best chances in the match, then his assist to Rooney the other day- it all led me to a conclusion that his attacking form has been on the rise...

cheers

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
agree with that. JOS has seized his chance to shine since evra's injury and recently with the other injuries in defence. im a fan of the hard working waterford man, his versatility and professionalism is something to be admired especially in the modern game where so many players complain wen not playing regularly.

His recent form has been good and has done his bit in ensuring we are still challenging on all fronts.

This is good for Ireland too! :first:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Perhaps Rafael has been teaching him a thing or two! Lol.

He's certainly been more of a threat going forward and his defensive displays have been solid, for the most part.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i actually started a thread about him a week or so ago :thumbsup:

hes getting better going forward from right or left back and hes scored more then evra has this season ;) so people who say hes not good going forward what do you say to that:p? tbh i love sheasy hes vital to our successes as hes the best squad player in the world IMO and thats not an overestimation

what other player can play right back center back left back center midfield and always have a solid game and also never complains when hes on the bench! model pr and this has been his best season since he 1st broke through

well done john keep it up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
i actually started a thread about him a week or so ago :thumbsup:

hes getting better going forward from right or left back and hes scored more then evra has this season ;) so people who say hes not good going forward what do you say to that:p? tbh i love sheasy hes vital to our successes as hes the best squad player in the world IMO and thats not an overestimation

what other player can play right back center back left back center midfield and always have a solid game and also never complains when hes on the bench! model pr and this has been his best season since he 1st broke through

well done john keep it up :thumbsup:
u forgot as goalkeeper:laugh: yeah hes been a great member of our squad. had a shaky start in san siro but recovered well and made some key tackles

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Good shout Crooney!

Jonner's form has been on the rise. After Vidic and Edwin, it was O'Shea who played the most games
in the 10+ games with clean sheets, so he deserves great credit in that record breakiing run.

He isnt the best going forward but he knows his job at the back and he has been a great defender this season.
He has probably played more games than pretty much anyone else in the squad bar maybe
Vidic, Vds, Giggs and Berba for e.g. (not sure of exact appearance stats.)

He has come in for Evra at LB and then come in for Gary at RB. Such versatility is of huge benefit
to United's squad. This has been his best season since his debut season and as Crooney
pointed out in the OP he has been getting forward well and popping up with some assists.

He is also decent at centre back (as shown in his performances for Ireland) so he will be a huge
player for us this season, especially if we continue to have injuries in defence.

O'Shea has played over 320 games for United which is just incredible.
Made a thread a while back, which contains some more discussion about our man Sheasy.
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/man-utd-chat/15988-oshea-320-a.html

*awaits TM to give his view of O'Shea* :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
hes better going forward than he is defending as he is still prone to ball watching and im not over confident when hes being run at ,but saying that he just did enough against inter and gets better the more he plays regular

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Looks like he's in good form for the moment
Although Gazza's back nxt week i dont think he'll start against Inter

Hope Sheasy puts in another good performance!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He's been great this season imo. It definitely is his best season since his breakthrough year.

His versatility, personality and attitude are great assets to the squad. He also played a part in the defences great run without conceding which seems to have been overlooked by some. You don't play over 300 games for United if you don't offer anything.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
:specool:O'Shea has been fantastic this season. He has been a rock a the back and slots in with no fuss. Good Man The John

Z

·
0 Posts
Every team needs a John O'Shea. A player who will play in any position when called upon and do a reasonably good job in most of them, and a very good job in others. As has been said, he's been a major part of our defensive record and that isn't a fluke. He may not offer as much as others when going forward, but his flank is always secure when it comes to defensive duties.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I've come to the opinion that O'Shea is actually a very good RB, and would get in maybe 15 other Premiership teams starting 11's.

I still think he's a horrific LB though. Which is strange as he was awesome there in 2003. Victim of his own versatility.

Z

·
0 Posts
I've come to the opinion that O'Shea is actually a very good RB, and would get in maybe 15 other Premiership teams starting 11's.

I still think he's a horrific LB though. Which is strange as he was awesome there in 2003. Victim of his own versatility.
Indeed. Jack of all trades, master of none. I agree about him being a good right back. He's very solid defensively and to be honest, most right backs offer very little in an attacking sense.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Yessir, JOS is great for the team spirit too. With all the top players around and natural egos, he guy knows he is not the best player around at all but he always seems to have a smile on his face and seems abit of a joker. Like someone who keeps people together, that others have a joke with. Great for the team and he has been playing well in the last month! Maybe rafael has shown the older members to get forward a little more if they want to keep their places in the team!

All the better for united if our players are all hitting form!

pz!

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
I'm the only one to disagree? O'Shea's best period was when he first arrived.

He's still the worst passer in our top 20 or so players, only rivaled by Fletcher.

his flank is always secure when it comes to defensive duties.
What, you mean like against Inter when he got skinned about 15 times by Ibrahimovic and co. on a bad day?

Don't get me wrong, O'Shea is extremely important to our squad and has been as useful as ever while our better players were injured, but he hasn't been that good that he deserves this amount of praise, while the likes of Nani who give the ball away half as much as O'Shea get roasted.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Yeah he's been in really good form lately long may it continue until we get wes back match fit.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
JOS really worries me when hes at the back,to a point where i can't look sometimes.His clearences are shocking at times and doesnt offer much in link up play.Having said that he is a worker but would rather see him in the middle of the park,not really getting in the way.Alot of times when hes on Rio or Vidic end up covering that side aswell as their own ground.This also applies to Rafael but with his exposed play he does offer more going forward.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts