Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has been busy creaming themselves over rafael yet evans has fitted in a treat this season and matures with each outing .

It would have been easy for us to concede hatfulls this year with two and at times three first choice defenders out .

Just thought it needed saying :)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you believe a fifteen page thread and i hadnt even seen it !!!!!!

how that passed me by is beyond me

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Evans earns tributes

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6625006

Sir Alex Ferguson has praised Jonny Evans for his performance during United's 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday.

Evans continued his excellent recent form as he kept his place in the team due to the absence of Rio Ferdinand, who is still out with a back problem.

The Irish defender was brilliant up against Didier Drogba and Chelsea's attacking array of stars, drawing praise from his manager and team-mates.

"He was marvellous," Sir Alex told MUTV. "For a young boy, 21 only a week ago, he was absolutely superb. His reading of the game, his use of the ball... he was a giant today like many of our players. I was very pleased for the boy."

The Belfast-born centre-back has, according to his defensive partner Nemanja Vidic, slotted in seamlessly.

"I think the whole team was good, but I think Jonny did very well. We didn't lose a goal, which for defenders is a great thing."

United now haven't conceded a league goal since November, a run stretching back eight matches.
Evans has certainly played his part, starting half of those games.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts