Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
I love watching them. Dunphy has great one liners

Daniel Alves is braindead

On Liverpool vs Chelsea

It was like 2 drunks swinging puches in a back alley.

Love listening to them

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I love it when he tells Bill something completely ordinary in that flat tone of his, with a completely straight face, and Bill nods gravely as if he's being told the mysteries of the universe. Ditto when he's on Newstalk and they hang on every word. 'When you've got the ball, you try to attack. When you've not got it, you try to get it back."

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think he and Dunphy are poles apart. Giles was great player (Matt Busby said the one big mistake he made as a manager was selling Giles to Leeds - came back to haunt him). He could stand in the centre circle and drop inch perfect passes to forwards and wingers) He also reads the game really well, or at least he used too. Havent seen him much recently. Dunphy though is a disgraceful drunken old hack, biased twisted and delights in controversy for its own sake. Unfortunately I think Giles' good judgement has been influenced for the worst by Dunphy. I'd take Giles anyday over the British commentators. And he loves Scholes - why not? One ex-good midfielder appreciating another.:wub::wub:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
lol. That was hilarious. I've watched some RTE vids on youtube before and they're good entertainment :thumbsup:

Bill is supposed to be the presenter, the one who leads the discussions as well but he they were all stopping him from doing it :p

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
The 2 Irish guys seem like complete pricks.

I'd love to smakck Dunphy. And Giles for that matter.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The 2 Irish guys seem like complete pricks.

I'd love to smakck Dunphy. And Giles for that matter.
They're idiots tbf but it's comedy gold listening to him. Did you hear Dunphy talking about Flamini like he was a mystery of the universe? :D Like Souness had never heard of him.

'Flamini, Mattieu Flamini, right, french player'.:D:D

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
As someone said already, I watch the game on Sky Sports but switch over to RTE on half time just to hear the lads. I find it funny TBH and entertaining the Sky.

They're so old fashioned the pair of 'em.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
They are Genius them lot. :D

They were Comedy again on Tuesday night(missed them last night). They really haven't got a clue. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Souness asking Dunphy "who have you managed?" - Funny. :D

21 - 36 of 36 Posts