Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watch the England 'v' France Rugby match and well done to England.

Quite surprising they make it this far in my opinion but it makes great
entertainment so far.

I was also amazed that Johny Wilkinson 4 times rejected the ball handed to him
when England were awarded penalties...........saying they were not match balls.

Apparently these match balls were numbered from 1 to 6 so everyone knew
which were genuine balls.

So why was Johny handed the 'wrong' ball on several occassions huh :confused:

Why has nothing been said about this by anyone ?

Is there some form of cheating going on here ?

What do you think huh huh huh :confused:

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SolskjaertheLegend said:
should he of not told one of the refs then?
He did - this is how it was changed for him.

I just think this should be investigated because no matter if you like or dislike a team - it's not fair for people to try to win with cheating is it huh :confused:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I don't know much about rugby... can count the number of matches I've seen on both hands.

What would the difference in balls be? weight/material?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
the only way he could tell was that the match balls were numbered and the practice balls were not, if you had watched the game you would of known this

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes and the ones numbered 1-6 were used because the kickers chose them - this gave them the same flight and weight of ball as they practise with.

Johny was given the wrong balls several times and his 1st 4 kicks were missed by him.

Seems something was a bit wrong here - happened to the Argentina kicker too !!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I say good on the French for trying, I would wish the Springboks better luck in this method...but they'll win from sheer talent over one man.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I never expected us to reach the final. To have beaten the Aussies and the French (in France!!!!) along the way has just made it even more special.

I fully expect the Springboks to beat us in the final but what a run we've been on. Pride has been restored in English rugby when for the last 4 years we have looked a shadow of our glorious 2003 World Cup winning side.

Well done lads!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
reddwarf said:
I never expected us to reach the final. To have beaten the Aussies and the French (in France!!!!) along the way has just made it even more special.

I fully expect the Springboks to beat us in the final but what a run we've been on. Pride has been restored in English rugby when for the last 4 years we have looked a shadow of our glorious 2003 World Cup winning side.

Well done lads!
...........and Johny's balls ?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
...........and Johny's balls ?

Yeah, that was strange. It happened in the game against Australia too so you can't just blame the French for it. They seem to be making a bigger deal about it over in France than they are over here though. We're just happy to be in the final.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Justice said:
Undoubtedly cheating from the French Scum!
Remember Agincourt, thats what I say!! Incidently, no racist remarks like French Scum please, they are Foreign Inbreds!! :p The use of the word "scum" is very misleading as "scum" always rises to the top and floats above all else!! Remember also, god was French!!!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Red Devil said:
Remember Agincourt, thats what I say!! Incidently, no racist remarks like French Scum please, they are Foreign Inbreds!! :p The use of the word "scum" is very misleading as "scum" always rises to the top and floats above all else!! Remember also, god was French!!!
We cant remember Agincourt Mr Devil. Maybe you tell us about it - you were there probably :p

I think God was French but you forget to say she was a girl too

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Ajant said:
I say good on the French for trying, I would wish the Springboks better luck in this method...but they'll win from sheer talent over one man.
2 world cup finals in a row, winning the 1st in australia, beating australia in the final on there own patch, knocking out australia on the way to there second final, (who were massive favs aswell, lmao) knocking france out in the semi on there own patch, not bad for a one man team eh?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts