Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
To make it as a footballer is tough, but the best thing you can do is practice. Join a local team to you, practice long and hard and just take it from there. United have scouts watching all over the world so anything is possible

·
Banned
836 Posts
To be a professional, you'll need to be playing football, in my opinion, from the age of 5 or 6 and if you have the talent, eventually, a scout will spot you and then depending who he's working for, perhaps a professional or semi-pro club will take you on as a player when you're 16, and you develop and if you work hard in their academy, then maybe the manager will pick you for the reserve team then eventually the first team.

People have criticsed the way that the academy youth systems work, but if you watch MUTV, you can see the academy and reserve players go up through the ranks, and make it.

But if I was spotted and had the chance to play for a big club like United, I'd be happy to play for them all my footballing life and I wouldn't be demanding 100's of thousands of pounds because at the end of the day, you start to think you're better than everyone else, working class standard and you become soft in football, you'd be afraid to get injured etc.

You play football because its a sport you feel passionate about.

Anyway, in football, you can face alot of disappointments because the chances of you getting a professional career in football are incredibly slim, and people like Alan Smith (if you watched his tv documentary a few years ago) nearly didn't make it because the way the system works is a bit like Pop Idol or X Factor.

But if you really really want to be a footballer then keep pursing your dream, just like David Beckham did, he said that ever since he was a kid, all he wanted to do was play football and he made it, so depending on how much you want something, your chances increase.

But I wouldn't put your hopes up high, it's a very difficult industry to get into, it's a very competitive industry because there are alot more people who want the same thing.

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
i believe you can play for a premiership club no problem young man . just turn up at st james park newcastle dressed as a barcode and tell mr keegan you would love it if you could replace michael owen . inform him you can hit an elephants backside with a banjo from 10 paces and you will be lining up in the next game they play . fergie wont get fooled again after prunier and djemba djemba tried it on him

1 - 15 of 15 Posts