Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter coach Jose Mourinho has revealed he would rather be managing the Serie A leaders than Manchester United.

Many tip the Portugese tactician as a possible replacement for Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford, with the Scot also a great admirer of his old adversary.

With the two clubs set to meet in the Champions League, much focus will be on Mourinho in the coming weeks and he did say before the draw he hoped his side would be paired with United.

"I would have been bluffing if I said I wanted to play Manchester because they are an easy team," he explained to the Gazzetta dello Sport. "The world of football would have laughed at me.

"But, if I could choose to be the coach of Manchester or Inter at the moment, then I would not have any doubts. I would be Inter coach."

The former Chelsea boss has also started the mind games early ahead of the two-legged European tie with the holders by claiming the Wayne Rooney was lucky to escape suspension for an apparent stamp on Kasper Risgard of Aalborg.

Nemanja Vidic is definitely out of the first leg in Milan after his dismissal in the World Club Cup but Mourinho, unsurprisingly, expects the Serbian will face a lengthier ban.

"The thing I don't like in football is that there are different interpretations of things," he stated. "I am surprised that Rooney wasn't banned and I would be even more surprised if Vidic doesn't get at least a two-game ban."

Mourinho refused to accept Inter have an advantage going into the game as United have had a busier schedule.

"No, not all," he declared. "Ferguson has won 30 titles and he has always dealt with these things during his career."

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i take everything he says with a pinch of salt.
if he honestly would rather be at inter than the world, european and domestic champions of the best league in the world, then that's fine. but he'd be mad

Z

·
0 Posts
He's unlikely to tell anyone publically that he'd rather be at another club while still employed by Inter.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
If he said i would rather manager united,then they would have a Real>Ronaldo scenario on their hands and he would become a hated man.......with the Mafia infulence in italy i'd steer well clear of upsetting the wrong people!

·
Registered
24 Posts
RedAdam said:
i take everything he says with a pinch of salt.
if he honestly would rather be at inter than the world, european and domestic champions of the best league in the world, then that's fine. but he'd be mad
Why he should be mad,you don`t think Inter,anyway, is a great team with great players?......winning the Toyota Cup does`nt means you`re the best team in the world,en fact we got an example in Italy where Milan,last year finished 21 points behind us ,and this year have already 9 less.
I don`t rate the World Club Cup at all,I would tell the same even if we win it,I would`nt swap 5 of those Cups for just 1 league,even the Uefa Cup has got more value for me.
Mourinho`s words are only mind - games,like when he says Ibra is better then Ronaldo and in that way must be considered.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
If he said i would rather manager united,then they would have a Real>Ronaldo scenario on their hands and he would become a hated man.......with the Mafia infulence in italy i'd steer well clear of upsetting the wrong people!
What do you mean upsetting the wrong people?.......if you think to somebody really important , is not certainly in our team.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
He says what he knows will have the biggest impact on both his opponents and his players.

if he said he would like to coach Manchester one day, what would that tell his players?? He protects them like a lioness protects her cubs. And, while I hate his guts, I admire him for the great coach and professional that he is...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts