Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inter coach Jose Mourinho has revealed he would rather be managing the Serie A leaders than Manchester United.

Many tip the Portugese tactician as a possible replacement for Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford, with the Scot also a great admirer of his old adversary.

With the two clubs set to meet in the Champions League, much focus will be on Mourinho in the coming weeks and he did say before the draw he hoped his side would be paired with United.

"I would have been bluffing if I said I wanted to play Manchester because they are an easy team," he explained to the Gazzetta dello Sport. "The world of football would have laughed at me.

"But, if I could choose to be the coach of Manchester or Inter at the moment, then I would not have any doubts. I would be Inter coach."

The former Chelsea boss has also started the mind games early ahead of the two-legged European tie with the holders by claiming the Wayne Rooney was lucky to escape suspension for an apparent stamp on Kasper Risgard of Aalborg.

Nemanja Vidic is definitely out of the first leg in Milan after his dismissal in the World Club Cup but Mourinho, unsurprisingly, expects the Serbian will face a lengthier ban.

"The thing I don't like in football is that there are different interpretations of things," he stated. "I am surprised that Rooney wasn't banned and I would be even more surprised if Vidic doesn't get at least a two-game ban."

Mourinho refused to accept Inter have an advantage going into the game as United have had a busier schedule.

"No, not all," he declared. "Ferguson has won 30 titles and he has always dealt with these things during his career."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts