Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter Milan head coach Jose Mourinho has told Sky Sports News he plans to return to the Premier League, while the Portuguese revealed he will not consider managing an international side for another 15 years.

Mourinho enjoyed a hugely successful three years as Chelsea boss, lifting two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and also the Carling Cup on two occasions.

The 45-year-old took over at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza in June this year and, while he has endured friction with the media, he has enjoyed success on the field with his side currently top of Serie A.

Mourinho, who is due to tackle Manchester United in the first knockout round of the UEFA Champions League, has confessed his passion for England's top flight while confirming he will also look to manage in Spain.

He told Sky Sports News: "I never hide. I am in love with the English game. I have to go back one day, for sure. I just love it.

Hat-trick
"One of my ambitions is to win the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga. The three big championships in Europe.

"One day I will go back to England because I love it and one day I will go to Spain to win La Liga. But at the same time, I am really, really happy with Inter.

"I want to make Inter a better club. I am very, very happy with the way things have gone so far. It has been a new start to me.

"My team is almost like I used to call my Chelsea team in 2004/2005, a 'victory machine'. You always have a feeling you will win because the team is so strong."

Mourinho was strongly linked with the England job after former boss Steve McClaren was sacked from his role and he has admitted he came close to taking up the position before concluding that it was too early in his career to leave the domestic game.

He said: "I did it [turned down the role] because I wanted to be happy. To be happy I need to (work with the players every day).

U-turn
"I do miss playing every day during Christmas. So can you imagine me being a national team coach? Playing a game every month? Three weeks without a training session?

"I almost went but at the last moment I started to imagine my life... a suit every day, going to the office, travelling to stadiums. A national team has to wait 15 years for me. I have too much energy."

Mourinho also spoke of his difficulties with the Italian media, adding: "I cannot go to the press and say 'we didn't defend well'. I cannot say 'this player made a mistake'. I cannot do it.

"For me in the beginning it was a real moment of pressure, of disagreements. I was not happy to answer. I was tired. But I have to do my job.

"For one hour (after games) I have to speak with the press and I hate it, I really hate it. But I have to adapt due to the contractual situation. I will never enjoy it though."
Source: Sky Sports

i knew he would want to come bak.. he loves the english game and who doesnt

Z

·
0 Posts
Oh no not another Jose jizzfest. His teams play boring football, I'd hate him at United.

The man also has no class and would bring down the reputation of our club.

·
Registered
734 Posts
-zuco- said:
Oh no not another Jose jizzfest. His teams play boring football, I'd hate him at United.

your 2 right zuco, i hope that muppet stays where he is i cant stand him and his B.S the "special 1" pffftt.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
-zuco- said:

I think his honours list begs to differ massivly.Boring football? It wins ****,id rather play crap and win,you dont get any rewards because you play cool.......btw Mourhino is class

Z

·
0 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
I think his honours list begs to differ massivly.Boring football? It wins ****,id rather play crap and win,you dont get any rewards because you play cool.......btw Mourhino is class
I'd rather win nothing and be entertained than win everything and be bored to death all season.

United have a tradition of winning in style and that tradition would die if Jose took charge.

Z

·
0 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Well im bored to death this season and were winning nothing of significance apparently,so what now?
We've won back to back Premier League titles and we're currently the European Champions. We got this by playing attractive football. We haven't started playing well this season yet but we traditionally kick into gear from Christmas until the end of the season.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think porto played more attacking football than chelsea when has was the manager i think at chelsea he thought that with the good players they had tht style would work very well.
Amyway my two top choices as a fergie replacement are jose and martin oneill

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
O neil would be an exelent choice imo hes done exelent evrywhere hes went without much funds! As zuco siad mourinhos style is to play boring and effictive football but its wining football obviously id pefer to be playing exiting and winning football but if i had to choose one it would be wining football. Id hate to end up like arseneal!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
-zuco- said:

Another ignorant comment. Just answer this question zuco, in José's first year at chelsea, which team in the Prem played the most exciting football, with probably the 2 most exciting wingers in the league, Robben and Duff.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rydersonthestorm said:
I think porto played more attacking football than chelsea when has was the manager i think at chelsea he thought that with the good players they had tht style would work very well.
Amyway my two top choices as a fergie replacement are jose and martin oneill
i would defintely choose these 2 as well.. mourinho tactics are one of the best and o'neill is a top manager where he will do wonders at united

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i like moureen immensly (sic)

his sides reflected the players available and the clubs needs ---- porto winning a cl played good football even if we know we were robbed

i used to love his interviews -- he reminds me so much of brian clough in that .

he also showed class when refering to ferguson as a great manager .

whoever takes us over has to have a big ego and absolute confidence -- he ticks both boxes -

all this said i want entertaining and titles as i have been spoilt so if he got job and started over defensive stuff i would scream for his head .

i still crazily think darren ferguson will be our manager one day

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
haggler said:
i still crazily think darren ferguson will be our manager one day
Me too.:eek:

Though he turned down QPR and the zillions of pounds/euros/dollars/francs/marks/schillings that come with that job.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
Me too.:eek:

Though he turned down QPR and the zillions of pounds/euros/dollars/francs/marks/schillings that come with that job.

there like amini madrid though they go through managers like ronaldo does gel! in other words loads in a short period of time:p

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
mourinho is an excellent manager ,in his first 2 years at chelsea ; utd could not compete with them and most utd fans were walking around with frowns on our face's.
an awful lot of people seem to forget this or have not supported utd long enough to know any different ,chelsea were scoring a lot more goals than utd in those first 2 years and utd can't get more boring than we are at the moment , mourinho would get old trafford swinging again ,when the time comes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts