Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jose Mourinho would love to see Cristiano Ronaldo in Italy, but admits the Portuguese winger has no reason to leave Old Trafford.

"When I was in England I wanted all the best players to play in the Premier League," Mourinho told MUTV.

"Now I am in Italy I want all the best players to play there. I always want to be involved in the strongest league."

But the former Chelsea boss, now in charge at Inter Milan, says the Ballon "Or and FIFA World Player of the Year winner has everything he needs at United.

"Ronaldo is part of Manchester Uniteds history and Manchester United is part of Ronaldoa's history.

I'm nobody to give advice but when you're playing for a top team and you're getting what you want and I think he's getting what he wants in terms of team trophies and individual honours why change?"

Ronaldo will travel to Italy with United to take on Mourinho's Inter Milan at the San Siro on Tuesday 24 February.

Manutd.com

Interesting, why would Jose say this? Some kind of mind games? Or maybe Jose plans on taking over United when Fergie leaves?

·
23,699 Posts
Aaron92 said:
Interesting, why would Jose say this? Some kind of mind games? Or maybe Jose plans on taking over United when Fergie leaves?
Interesting indeed.

Instead of winding up our key player (remember the jibe on his low education then?), he is actually affirming his presence and existence at United before the key CL two-leg clash. So unlike him.

After consulting my crystal ball, I can, however, only hypothesise four possibilities:

1. Fergie had already whispered into his ear about taking over and he had acknowledged acceptance of the job by nodding his head with a broad grin and a wink, thus sealing a gentleman's agreement without the necessary paper works.

2. Ronaldo had already whispered into his ear about leaving for Real Madrid in the summer and so he is now engaging in the necessary mind game to confuse and thus unsettle our key player.

3. He was drunk and didn't know what he was talking about.

4. Fergie did whisper into his ear about taking over but it was a cruel tease to distort his focus for the CL game.

Given the low probability of Jose being Ronaldo's confidante, and assuming he is not so foolish enough to be drunk before the media and that Fergie is not thattttttttt dirty, I would go for the first.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Aaron92 said:
Mind games on ron for the inter game, nothing else :)

·
23,699 Posts
Some relevance??

telegraph

Jose Mourinho's cunning plan ahead of clash with Manchester United

Jose Mourinho is interviewed on MUTV as much as Sir Alex Ferguson at the moment, so what is the Special One up to?...

Inter Milan v Manchester United
Kick-off: Tue Feb 24, 7.45pm; San Siro, Milan
TV: ITV1, ITV HD
Radio: BBC Radio Five Live

Reporters on the champions' in-house station almost cannot leave the studio, stadium or training ground without a smiling Portuguese presenting himself for a chat.

Three times in the past fortnight Inter Milan's calculating coach has willingly opened up. Making flattering comments about Ferguson and United is only partly linked to Tuesday's Champions League tussle.

By talking directly to United fans, players and officials, Mourinho may be angling for the biggest conversation of all – a job interview when Ferguson finally rides off into the sunset.

·
Registered
734 Posts
for once Jose is telling the truth there is no need for Ron to go anywhere else he has everything at United why leave.
Truth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts