Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Norwegian starlet Joshua King,
according to the player's agent.

King is currently on the books of Valerenga, but is set to move to Old Trafford in
the New Year when he turns 16.

The youth international's representative Jim Solbakken confirmed a deal is in
place for King to link up with the Premier League champions.

"Joshua has decided what he wants," Solbakken told united.no.

"He will move to Manchester after the New Year and his mother will follow."

I'm sure we have a thread for this guy somwhere but I can't find it :eek:

·
Registered
788 Posts
United youth teams look set to be amazing over the next couple years with all these great young lads coming in! Hopefully they will be knocking on Fergies door in a few years time! Time will tell!

·
Registered
414 Posts
i really dont understand all the fuss and attention there is over 15 and 16 yr olds signing for united, who gives a flyin feck, countless boys have been signed sealed and then delivered to somewhere else, if we got talent, great, im sure we do, but they aint gonna make an impact until their 18 at least. Rossi was the greatest prospect we've had in years and we sold him. I dunno why im so angry right now, maybe im pissed at the fact the youth system we've got right now isnt producing the talent it has the potential too. Out o the fist team regulars, we have 5 home growners, none of which get raved about, barring scholes and giggs.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i agree with mullet, all we hear about nowadays is utd signing young foriegn kids what happened to giving our own a chance (british kids) if we carry on signing all these young lads from abroad our league and national teams will suffer big time

just look at the scots for an example they stopped signing loads of foreigeners a few years back(although there is still a fair few not nearly as many) and started putting money back into there acadamies and just look at the benefits they are getting from it now, not only is there national team doing well but so are there club teams, celtic and rangers in the champs league and aberdeen in the uefa cup

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its always 'nice' to hear about signing these promising youngsters but i have to say that Mullet and AC9 make very good and valid points......

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Dont see why people are whining about not getting enough British young'uns. They dont get in the new because there not moving to another country, there already here! Danny Welbeck, 16, brilliant young United prospect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts