Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear good things about him, fast, strong, good finisher, tall and caoable of dropping a bit deeper, but doesn't forget his main role as a striker.

montenegro he is from.. would he be a good buy? I'm intregued in hm because he's been linked with some very good 'developer' clubs.. one in germany, a couple in italy and with man utd end of 2k7. is currently with red star belgrade, where schevchenko came from.

does anyone know anything about him? futhermore can anyone actually read latin dialect of serbian language?

online translators are so rubbish.. n.b. the montenegro team coach has high opinion of him...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Like I mentioned on a different thread. It's important to keep it real when discussing Stevan Jovetic. I don't know anybody who has seen full matches of him and we can only judge from some YouTube clips.

The rumour mills reported that a United scout had been spotted at a Partizan Belgrade match and that he could sold for 7million pounds.

He is tall, quick and is a good finisher, but like I said I haven;t met anybody who has actually watched him play to see what he doesn't do well and what his work rate is like and other aspects of his game.

Another thing to note is that he is only 18 and already the club captain.

The first 1:20 of this clip shows some of his goals.

·
Registered
488 Posts
After watching the video, looks like his teammates were better??? It's either he's finishing is really good or the league is way too far to be compared with ours... Most of the goals scored are due to poor goalkeeping... Honestly, I have to agreee with RedForceRising we can't really comment on him as he's still not known to many.

But if the RUMOURS were real and SAF were to sign him, I'm sure he has his good points... Finger cross on this one...

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
If this kids as good as they say he is then id love to see him at united he is young talented and looks like he has an eye for goal

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey people first of all he play for Partizan Belgrade not for Red Star. He is interesting but belive me he is not that good. Maybe he has potential but I don`t think that he could fit in Premier league.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
ivica1983 said:
Hey people first of all he play for Partizan Belgrade not for Red Star. He is interesting but belive me he is not that good. Maybe he has potential but I don`t think that he could fit in Premier league.

Thank you for that input.

What makes you say that he wouldn;t fit into the Premier League?

Is it a lack of pace or strength?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
pass_me_a_rizla said:
I hear good things about him, fast, strong, good finisher, tall and caoable of dropping a bit deeper, but doesn't forget his main role as a striker.

montenegro he is from.. would he be a good buy? I'm intregued in hm because he's been linked with some very good 'developer' clubs.. one in germany, a couple in italy and with man utd end of 2k7. is currently with red star belgrade, where schevchenko came from.

does anyone know anything about him? futhermore can anyone actually read latin dialect of serbian language?

online translators are so rubbish.. n.b. the montenegro team coach has high opinion of him...
LMAO mate.....are you joking or what?

Stevan Jovetic is FC Partizan Belgrade member,not Red Star!!!

Schevchenko was NOT Red Star player ever(unfortunately).He is from Dynamo Kiev.Vidic,Stankovic,Koroman.......they are from Red Star,not Scheva......he is Ukrainian btw.

"latin dialect of serbian language":eek: .....never heard for that:eek: ....Cyrillic maybe??.........I'll help you if you want,just tell me what do you want to translate;)

now....I know a lot about Stevan.He is a wonderkid,that's true.But,curently we don't need him.He is still not our class.......also Partizan confirmed that he'll sign for Fiorentina next summer;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Thank you for that input.

What makes you say that he wouldn;t fit into the Premier League?

Is it a lack of pace or strength?
I think that he is weak in duels. If he get in Premier he is going to became like Shevcenko.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Yeah, I heard that the kid has agreed a deal with Fiornetina and will sign at end of season

Furthermore,I basically want to spread my ideas regarding the chant We'll Never die . Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this song sung prematch at O.T each week with scarves held aloft. If you would like to help me in doing so contact me.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
ivica1983 said:
I think that he is weak in duels. If he get in Premier he is going to became like Shevcenko.
Ouch....... we wouldn't want that now would we?

Well, if he's going to Fiorentina anyway, it doesn't make sense to talk more about this guy.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Ouch....... we wouldn't want that now would we?

Well, if he's going to Fiorentina anyway, it doesn't make sense to talk more about this guy.
That's true

oooh,and also....you can't chant his name:D

·
Registered
494 Posts
He's got alot of potential ill tell you that, plus he's more technical than Balotelli which is what we need..

·
Aka Menlo(ve)
5,184 Posts
Got a lot of potential, the only thing I worry about is afro jealousy between Jovetic and the da Silva twins.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts