Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He looked out of his depth at Spurs and would have got them relegated if he stayed there in my opinion, but he's working some magic at Real Madrid. He's only lost one game and that was his first game in charge versus Barcelona. He's closed the gap on them by three points as well.

I hope he does well there, not because I like Madrid, but whenever they win La Liga, we seem to win the Premiership :)

Why do you think he failed over here? Was it the players? The style of football? Any other reasons....?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
think certain managers are suited to certain countries and the style of football played there, ramos seems to be in his element back in spain. to be fair he says it was beyond his control losing both berba and keane so close to the start of the season - thats certainly didnt help

·
Registered
773 Posts
His luck change after take over Real Madrid....He got great record when he's with Seville....Not surprise thou he take good care of Real...

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think it was just a cultural thing, on and off the pitch, really.

There's no doubt he's a quality manager in Spain, looking at his record with Sevilla but imo he just found the difference between Spain and England too big and he couldn't adapt.

And I'll be cheering on Madrid tonight :thumbsup:

·
Registered
616 Posts
my thoughts and good wish's are with him tonight,hope he can improve on the 6-1 spanking of Real Betis last weekend. :cheers1:

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I think it was just a cultural thing, on and off the pitch, really.

There's no doubt he's a quality manager in Spain, looking at his record with Sevilla but imo he just found the difference between Spain and England too big and he couldn't adapt.

And I'll be cheering on Madrid tonight :thumbsup:
Yessir!:thumbsup:

Pretty much agree, i think he gets his players very fit and i think it wont be so difficult to get his methods and ideas across or convince his team of them because he is fluent in spanish whereas he could barely speak english!

pz!:cool:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Yessir!:thumbsup:

Pretty much agree, i think he gets his players very fit and i think it wont be so difficult to get his methods and ideas across or convince his team of them because he is fluent in spanish whereas he could barely speak english!

pz!:cool:
That was always my opinion too. He never even tried to speak English, and if you were a Spurs fan/player, how would you like it if the manager never made an effort to learn the language of the country your in? He'll have an easier time in Spain for sure.

Also, I like your sunglasses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts