Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Olympique Lyon star Juninho Pernambucano has admitted concern about whether he will be able to recover from injury in time to face Manchester United in the last 16 of the Champions League.

The Brazilian freekick maestro has been forced to sit out his side's last four outings after breaking his toe during a French Cup game against Le Mans, with just 12 days to go until United come to town the clock is ticking much too quickly for his liking.

“Two weeks are remaining and that is true that I am afraid,†Juninho confessed. “I hope I will be available to entre during a game before it. I can't anything.â€

The absence of their inspirational playmaker would be a huge blow to Lyon, as acknowledged by the manager of the French record champions.

“Juni knows he needs time of action to be ready for Manchester. Everything will depend on the test we will do," commented Alain Perrin.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It would be very good news for us if he was missing for Lyon. He's a terrific player and is a goal threat with those superb free-kicks of his.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
juninho is a good player for them......his free kicks are very deadly....but that doesnt mean they 40% of their firepower.....they are a good team and always will be....they will be threat and hope we win against them

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
These stories always come out about players before big games.....
I have no idea about the extent of his injury but Im just going to assume
he will be playing against us.
If he isnt well then that is very good news for us.
He is easily their best player by a long way.
Im not one to be too hasty with predictions but if he wasnt playing then we will get through, sans probleme.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
juninho is a big blow for them,but its good news for us.But we cant get complacent,because they have the likes of Benzema,Ben Arfa, and some other good quality players

1 - 7 of 7 Posts