Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from giving us the two hardest to spell names in goal, i feel he is a world class keeper being held back by the club hes at...

Would anyone be against getting him as a direct replacement for the now flaky VDS?

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
He's too old now to replace Van Der Sar it would be a short term fix. We were linked with him before we got Van Der Sar if I remember correctly

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
He's too old now to replace Van Der Sar it would be a short term fix. We were linked with him before we got Van Der Sar if I remember correctly
No i don't want us to sign him. I personally feel we have a good enough number 1 after VDS in Foster.
Ditto.

I am of the opinion that Ben needs a chance with us, we'll see far more of him next season. I'll re-assess whether or not I think he will make it this time next year, but I'm refusing to rule him out. VDS has made enough mistakes and had shaky games, no-one is infallible. I can't wait to see him get his chance as I believe he will come good

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I wouldn't mind to be honest.
Good solid keeper, who rarely makes mistakes.

The supporter in me wants to see Foster do well though.
and......
The football manager player in me would like to see us buy Akinfeev or Asenjo ;)

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
He is old, but we signed VDS when he was what? 34/5? So I don't really think his age is the issue; I just think there are better options.

Shay Given was the one I was hoping we'd sign before we got VDS, but perhaps he's out of reach now he's at Newcastle.

Foster has the potential, no doubt. I'd like to see him become the number one for club and country, and his best years are still ahead, so I'm confident he'll succeed.

·
16,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMO Jussi is far better than Shay, who i also rate highly..

Jussi has kept Bolton in the league this season with his performances, and regularly tops the points in dream teams etc...

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He is a very good keeper, but I don't think he's good enough for us. He's an excellent shot-stopper, but his handling isn't great and he's a bit suspect when dealing with crosses imo.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Ermm I think he just turned 34 there so he's not exactly young either..!:rolleyes:
Why bring this up? There's no chance of it happening..!

He's been a great player for Bolton over the years and a fantastic servant to the club..!
But he's not exactly United quality at the moment.. He is a brillant shot-stopper though and was up there with the best PL keepers over the years..!

·
16,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ermm I think he just turned 34 there so he's not exactly young either..!:rolleyes:
Why bring this up? There's no chance of it happening..!

He's been a great player for Bolton over the years and a fantastic servant to the club..!
But he's not exactly United quality at the moment.. He is a brillant shot-stopper though and was up there with the best PL keepers over the years..!
VDS was 34 when we signed him...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I definately wouldnt be against signing him, hes one of the best in the PL I feel. However when Foster gets some more experience Im sure he will come good for us and take the No1 Jersey.

·
Registered
51 Posts
New Keeper

hes a good keeper thers no doubt but would he be able to handle the pressure at united? Van der sar had the experience behind him before he join with stood to him all the way. What major experience does Jussi have to bring to United?:confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts