Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Utd ponder Jussi option

News of the World

Manchester United are eyeing Bolton Wanderers goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.

The Finn is off contract at the end of this season and the News of the World says United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is considering the keeper as he ponders life beyond No1 Edwin van der Sar.

Newcastle United are also eyeing Jaaskelainen, though he would prefer to remain in the Northwest

Who knows !

But would you like to see him at United ?

..............or not ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
with this talk of ochoa arriving soon, and with foster and kuzszak as cover, i cant see this happening

i would prefer us to sign ochoa, younger and seems more talented

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Why are we always being linked with keepers?!

VDS has a year or two left in him, TK is good back up and Foster is our future number 1.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Agreed. There is so much talk of keepers its strange. Ochoa is also being mentioned and seems a top prospect. I have always admired Jussi. He has been a great keeper for Bolton for many years. Not sure United would sign him for the future anyway as we have lots of great keepers.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I have always admired Jussi's abilties, especially his shot-stopping but imho we don't need a goalie.....

VDS.......Kucknak.......Foster........??????

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Oh Lord. We seem to get linked to every other player now days. We don't need any goal-keepers. The ones we got are fine.

·
Registered
406 Posts
When VDS leaves w're still gonna have two quality keepers. How many do you want ? Both Foster and Kuszczak are talented enough and both of them will be getting a chance to prove themselves. We're well covered.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keano's fan said:
When VDS leaves w're still gonna have two quality keepers. How many do you want ? Both Foster and Kuszczak are talented enough and both of them will be getting a chance to prove themselves. We're well covered.

Everyone has 3......

Imagine now VDS gets big long term injury.......

So Kusczak take over........

Then he gets sprain in his wrist - what the ?

Not impossible for this to happen is it ?

2 is ok (maybe) - 3 is safe !

·
Registered
406 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

Everyone has 3......

Imagine now VDS gets big long term injury.......

So Kusczak take over........

Then he gets sprain in his wrist - what the ?

Not impossible for this to happen is it ?

2 is ok (maybe) - 3 is safe !
name me ONE club in europe that has three top goal keepers.

Its always two very good goal keepers with a younger or an experienced third who is willing to just sit on the bench. No top goal keeper would be willing to wait for two keepers to get injured to get his chance.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Chelsea have three top keepers......Cech, Cuidicini and Hilario....

Hilario is a very good keeper and would start for most premier league teams....

We are fine....VDS...Kusczak....Foster.......first two are excellent and Foster, although young, was magnificent at Watford last season and will be a quality goalkeeper I'm sure...He would easily be good enough at the moment to step in for VDS or Kusczak imho....

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Agent expects Jaaskelainen exit - should we react ?

Agent expects Jaaskelainen exit
Jussi Jaaskelainen's agent has admitted that he expects the goalkeeper to leave Bolton on a free transfer at the end of the season

Jaaskelainen recently passed the 10th anniversary of his arrival at the Reebok Stadium but the club's longest-serving player looks unlikely to prolong his association with Trotters after talks over a new deal stalled.

With his current contract set to expire at the end of the campaign, speculation has increased in recent weeks with both Arsenal and Inter Milan linked to the Finnish stopper.

Agent Peter Harrison told Setanta that he fully expects Jaaskelainen to leave England in the summer, adding: "There are no talks planned with Bolton and various agents and clubs have been in touch with me from abroad and we will assess it in January.

"We are very disappointed with the way talks went but we will just have to get on.

"I think he will be leaving at the end of the season, I don't think he will leave midway through the season."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts