Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we had beat Portsmouth in the FA Cup, we could have been looking at another Treble chance

The Double Treble!!!!!!!

This aint meant to tempt any kind of fate

Z

·
0 Posts
But...we didn't beat Portsmouth and...we haven't got another treble chance.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
no i think the extra games in the fa cup would've been too much of an ask as they were last season, we could have easily have been looking at no silverware! fa cup isnt worth gambling the more important prizes, its a consolidation prize these days, I would never play a full team in an fa cup game unless the premiership looked out of reach!

Lets beat the RENTBOYS!!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda....
Ive actually been thinking about this a bit.
I was at the game and it was not a nice feeling at all.
Ill settle for the Prem and CL though ;-)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
ya, we could have face chelsea in the final again, IF we had won our game and chelsea had won theirs.
no point talking about it, but we do get chelsea in CL final, and we still can do the double over them, lets do that!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
yeah i was there and gutted that day, but in a way it has given us a kick up the back side and spurd us on, just like it did against chelsea on saturday bring on the hammers!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
If we had beaten Portsmouth, I think we would definitely have gone on to win the FA Cup but who knows how the fixture congestion would have effected our Premier League and Champions League bids?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
No need to be greedy. Is the chance for two trophies not enough? :p

But, in all honesty, still being in the FA Cup may have hampered our bids for the CL and PL trophies, and those 2 trophies are now the 2 most important.

·
Registered
469 Posts
If we'd beaten Portsmouth, we could have put a second string team out with Dong as lone forward and still have beaten Cardiff......... probably

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
If you told me that we'd win the league and the champions league at the start of
the season and get knocked out of the cup by Pompey,......I'd have snatced your
hand off!

Its in the past and lets look forward to a fantastic run-in

BTW, you never know though....we could have won, then chelsea could have
won, we played them in the semi....and Rooney/Ronaldo/Ferdinand got a season
ending injury!

You just never know! Eh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts