Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm not really sure why he'd want to go to a club on a temporary contract tbh. It sounds a bit insulting to him really

As for the bit where he says "If it was any other club aside from Chelsea my answer would be a straight 'no', I think he's saying that to perhaps get on the good side of the Chelsea supporters, and perhaps the Russians as well.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
cantos red army said:
he did that with Psv and Australia i think? and had success with both TBH IMO its no real big deal
By temporary I meant in terms of having a short-term contract.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
cantos red army said:
but maybe hes only putting it on temporary to see how he finds the job rather than signing a 4 year year contract and only been manger for 5 months! something similar to Kinear?
I guess so.

And I suppose it makes his job with Russia easier if he isn't committed to Chelsea long term.

scottsati said:
they are probably offering him a lorry load of cash dont forget.....if it goes wrong he can walk away and say he was just the caretaker and get a wad of cash- if it goes right he's just got himself the job full- time......win -win situation if you ask me
That's true. I'm just surprised though that a manager of Hiddinks quality would be asked just to be a temporary. Unless of course, the stories that they want Ancelotti are true and perhaps they can't think of anyone else who'd want to be a caretaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts