Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.....

basically tell us the sporting books you have read recently or your all time favourites....and we can discuss them and vice versa...

Ok I'll start....

At the moment I'm reading, nearly finished, a biography on Fergie..

It's called..."This is the one".....by Daniel Taylor...

Taylor has covered United for the 'Guardian' since 1998...

The book is absolutely fantastic and deals mainly with the perception of Fergie from the press room journalists who have followed him and written about him for years...
It is about the last two seasons and thus is divided into two parts...
One of the best books my dad and I have ever read.....truly a pageturner....
I could give you all the blurbs from various newspapers applauding and recommending the book but I think the one from Loaded will go down best of all...

"I read it all night and didn't sleep.
next day I fell asleep on a motorbike and almost died.
It was worth it":D ....

In other book news.....Graham Polls new autobiography entitled "Seeing Red" is unreadable...
and would have been more appropriate if called..."Seeing Yellow"..:D

Although I have to say he is unbelievably biased towards United and kills John Terry and Chelsea and Mourinho.....I suppose that's a good enough reason to read it.:D

your opinions on sports books and ones you have read would be great.............

Below is the thread started later by Alto10...

I merged the 2 threads together to keep all infor together

alto10 said:
Anyone reading or read any good book lately always on the look out for new books to read.

Iam currently reading ' The Ice Man story of Richard Kaplinski mafia Hitman'
very good book would recomend it.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I am reading now Sasa Curcic-whole truth by Sasa Curcic.Dramatic profess maybe of unusual hero who ever was at serbian public scene.A book about abnormal rise and cruel fall down of a boy from Besni Fok.he tell us about

-how did i get from poor serbian vilage to fancy London and New York hoods.
-How did I turn on Bolton and why did I fall down at Aston Vila.
-How did I like most beautyfull birds on the world.
-Why Slobodan Milosevic called me
-Why Miljan Miljanic likes me
-Why I respect Ilija Petkovic and Ivica Osim
-Why i dislike Milan Zivadinovic and Slobodan Santrac
-How did I fall down and became rabble on Belgrade's streets
-How I'v been called by Big Brother and how I won.
-all my scandals
-all my loves

It is very interesting book and Sasa is translating it on English now
-

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red Devil said:
not sure this is Pub material, but its not footy banter either. Lets see what happens?

Why do you always have to question everything I do or say...lol..

To be honest I think it is pub material and it deserves to be in the pub for the publicity....no pun intended...although technically it wasn't a pun.....and to keep peoples mind on reading aswell as gaming and what not..

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ive read a load of football books. I like to read about the players and what happens behind the scenes.
United players past and present books I have read:
Keane, Cantona, Giggs, Rio, Rooney, Robson, McGrath, Fergie, Sharpe.
Keanes and McGraths were definitely the best-incredible reads.
Other football autobiographies I have read include Gazza, Maradona, Pele, Jack Charlton, Cloughie, Townsend, Vieira.
I have yet to read but own 'Were the famous Man United'-OT in the 80s-The players stories by Andy Mitten(anyone read this?)
I also have to read Broken Dreams-The definitive expose of British Football Corruption.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jazz 16 said:
Ive read a load of football books. I like to read about the players and what happens behind the scenes.
United players past and present books I have read:
Keane, Cantona, Giggs, Rio, Rooney, Robson, McGrath, Fergie, Sharpe.
Keanes and McGraths were definitely the best-incredible reads.
Other football autobiographies I have read include Gazza, Maradona, Pele, Jack Charlton, Cloughie, Townsend, Vieira.
I have yet to read but own 'Were the famous Man United'-OT in the 80s-The players stories by Andy Mitten(anyone read this?)
I also have to read Broken Dreams-The definitive expose of British Football Corruption.

Hey Jazz.....glad to see you read:D ...

If you want a behind the scenes look at the God himself then you have to read the first book I mentioned in the thread......it's by a journalist called Daniel Taylor..

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
I think The Pub is OK place for this.

Similar to your other thread too about TV.

Also I make this sticky for you too.

But if RD is not happy he move this OK so dont complain he is boss man !

But for now we do this x

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Why do you always have to question everything I do or say...lol..

To be honest I think it is pub material and it deserves to be in the pub for the publicity....no pun intended...although technically it wasn't a pun.....and to keep peoples mind on reading aswell as gaming and what not..
lol, your chicken oreintel :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i've read keane's, fergies, gazza's, rio's,dwight yorke's, all good reads

but my fav autobiography as to be lenny mcleans *the guvnor* not sport i know but a good read.

anyone read that one?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
andycole9 said:
i've read keane's, fergies, gazza's, rio's,dwight yorke's, all good reads

but my fav autobiography as to be lenny mcleans *the guvnor* not sport i know but a good read.

anyone read that one?

No, but I read Gazzas in one night.....it was actually a good laugh, especially the stories about the world cup and hotel 'tom-foolery'..etc..:D

haha,,,Rio and his team-mates at Leeds used to play a game called the "coin-game" during matches...
One player would bring a coin out onto the pitch and they would pass it around to each other during matches....and whoever ended up with the coin lost.....:D

N

·
0 Posts
b00ks Rooney/Ronaldo

yeah, im not sure if this is the right place to put this but

any1 read the autobiography by Rooney and ronaldo?

Moments- Ronaldo
linkhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Moments-Cristiano-Ronaldo/dp/023070669X/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197120020&sr=1-5

My story- rooney
linkhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Wayne-Rooney-My-Story/dp/0007242026/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197120046&sr=1-1

or is it

My story so far - rooney
linkhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Wayne-Rooney-My-Story-Far/dp/000723628X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197120046&sr=1-3

just wondering which one would u guys recommend:)

N

·
0 Posts
eh, sry i'll try to post in the right section :(
shouldn't be making gay stupid mistakes like this as i get used to this forum more
(and when i start using the search button, which i will NOW)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nabcake said:
eh, sry i'll try to post in the right section :(
shouldn't be making gay stupid mistakes like this as i get used to this forum more
(and when i start using the search button, which i will NOW)

that's good to hear mate........RD is losing patience......:D

btw....is that a pic of you in your avatar.....??.....:D

N

·
0 Posts
lol no, i just uninstalled this computer game i used to play becuz of exams, now when im bored i go to youtube and look at Happy Tree Friends videos lol. Cant help it, its fun.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Books

Anyone reading or read any good book lately always on the look out for new books to read.

Iam currently reading ' The Ice Man story of Richard Kaplinski mafia Hitman'
very good book would recomend it.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Best book I've ever read, was Keane's autobiography. So honest and unforgiving. Ehh.......reading Sir Bobby Charltons one now, and its really good, but not as good as Keano's!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts