Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following interest from Stamford Bridge side Chelsea, AC Milan's talismanic attacker Kaka has distanced himself from a move stating he remains a committed Milanese son.

Despite employing a midfield that boasts such stars as Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, and Deco, Chelsea have continuously been linked with an audacious £80million bid for Brazilian superstar Kaka. The fact that Milan will not be playing Champions League football this season added credance to any deal.

Milan's number 22 though has dismissed the prospect of swapping countries and is quoted by La Gazzetta dello Sport as saying: "Me going to Chelsea? I'm staying as a Rossoneri player. I should help Milan to win the trophies we're up for. The club have made some great signings and Sheva will fit in without problem."

Regarding the prospect of a past swap deal involving Shevchenko and Kaka, he said: "I can't say... if someone has promised me to Abramovich, it wasn't me."

"I've always said I'm happy at Milan and as long as my aims remain the same as Milan's I'll stay. Until now it's always been that way," he continued. "My goal is to win, Milan's is too. As long as we are like that, I'll remain at Milan."

Milan's vice-president, Adriano Galliani, also denied any allegations of a swap deal involving the two players: "In the issue of Shevchenko, Kaka was never talked about so the fans have to stay calm... We've been saying the same thing for two years."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts