Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite the compliment from the worlds best player.
Brilliant Brazilian playmaker Kaka believes Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in Europe at present.

The AC Milan player is hot favourite to win the European Footballer of the Year award, which is handed out by magazine France Football next month.

But Kaka has paid a glowing tribute to Ronaldo.

"He is the best, not only for his technical ability, but also for what he has done with Portugal," said Kaka to Italian media on Sunday.

As for the future, the 25-year-old dreams of captaining Brazil when his country host the 2014 World Cup.

"In 2014, I will still be playing and it would be a marvellous experience to be captain of our national team," he said.

Ronaldo has played an incredible 52 games for Portugal scoring a whopping 20 goals. Not bad at all for a 22 year old. He looks odds on to smash past 100 caps and surpass Figo's record of 127 caps.

From sportinglife.com: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/11/18/manual_193847.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
thats true wat eva kaka has said n ronaldos gona get the european player of the year for sure.... i think kaka wants to leave italy because his parents come allmost alll the time to watch him n now its becommin dengerious sooooo manutd should look forword to buy kaka in the jan transfer
next season chelsea r gona become stronger if ronaldinho joind them so its high time to buy goood players

thats true wat eva kaka has said n ronaldos gona get the european player of the year for sure.... i think kaka wants to leave italy because his parents come allmost alll the time to watch him n now its becommin dengerious sooooo manutd should look forword to buy kaka in the jan transfer
next season chelsea r gona become stronger if ronaldinho joind them so its high time to buy goood players

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I think, it's Kaka just playing himself down..for when he does get the award, and if he doesn't he has already 'stated' that he doesn't 'expect' it.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it's sad..cause everybody knows Kaka will win the trophy, but I still think Ronaldo deserves it:(...Manchester United, national team where he played , he did great:(i'm still waiting for a miracle...but i think Ronaldo will just have to wait until next year:(...maybe

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PrinceZane said:
Of course we all want Ron to get it, but fair game to Kaka. He's a beast. He deserves it
Agreed... Kaka has been the best this year by a good bit. You cant begrudge him this honour which he WILL receive. Even for the semi final of the Champions League alone he deserves it, where the 2 best players were on show:Kaka produced and Ronnie disappeared. Sorry but its true.

Anyway Ronnie will surely win this prize multiple times in the future and join former United legends Law, Charlton and Best in accepting this accolade.
Its been nearly 40 years since a United player won the European footballer of the year, which is much too long for a great team of entertainers like United.

We had 3 winners in the 60's: Law-1964, Charlton-1966, Best-1968.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Kaka should win it for his outstanding performances in the Champions League last season.

Ronaldo has continued his good goal scoring form this season and with AC Milan's poor start to this season it could be between Ronaldo and Messi this season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts