Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This man is a genius and I would put down some money that he will be a candidate for the Ballon d'Or in future.

As a striker, Karim Benzema, has all the qualities one would desire. He might not be the fastest player on the pitch, but he's no slouch either and aside from pace, he has EVERY quality you could wish for in a striker.

Great first touch, fantastic ball control, clinical finishing, creativity to score from all angles, strength, good positioning, team work, puts in the leg work and the list goes on and on.

He was on the wish list of most Man Utd fans and enhanced his reputation by scoring against the red devils in the CL.

Benzema has already scored 6 goals in Ligue 1 this season and doesn't look like stopping.

http://www.tvgolo.com/football.php?subaction=showfull&id=1222553612&archive=&start_from=&ucat=44&

They've removed all my fave benzema compilations fom YouTube, so I'll put up what i could find:

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
honestly im a huge fan and he has openly admitted to adjusting his game to his idol...ronaldo (the brazilian one)...which aint bad at all considering he is arguebally the greatest striker of the last 30 years...

Also ronaldo is still my favourite footballer i've seen play the game and at times the way he plays reminds me soo much of him, his awareness, the way he runs with the ball, his movement and finishing...not as good as ronaldo but a great player already indeed and i do really think he is good...and like u say, while he aint lightening, he is not slow either

Only problem i have with him is that he is still playing in france...he is too good to be there still, he neesd to develop and play against better teams and defences to work on his game and still be as effective with less chances and room for error...which comes with playing against better teams and in a stronger league consistantly...

I really wish he becomes world class and goes on to do great things because he is a top forward and would have loved him at united...before we berb ofcourse

pz

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tony smyth said:
I'd take him over Berbatov anyday. ........ but its too late now
Word!

Too bad about the price tag and he sort of talked himself out of a move saying he wants to play for Madrid like his idol Ronaldo. :(

The English press than tried to quote him a few weeks later saying he wouldn;t mind playing in England, but I think they just needed a story.

And his release clause is prohibitive. It is a ridiculous amount of money.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
United_OG said:
honestly im a huge fan and he has openly admitted to adjusting his game to his idol...ronaldo (the brazilian one)...which aint bad at all considering he is arguebally the greatest striker of the last 30 years...

Also ronaldo is still my favourite footballer i've seen play the game and at times the way he plays reminds me soo much of him, his awareness, the way he runs with the ball, his movement and finishing...not as good as ronaldo but a great player already indeed and i do really think he is good...and like u say, while he aint lightening, he is not slow either

Only problem i have with him is that he is still playing in france...he is too good to be there still, h

I really wish he becomes world class and goes on to do great things because he is a top forward and would have loved him at united...before we berb ofcourse

pz
I really liked fat Ronaldo, but he had bad luck with injuries and has lost his way.

That's a pretty big claim that he's the best striker of the past 30 years though.

What about van Basten, Baggio and Rivaldo?

Definitely Baggio captured my imagination as much as Ronaldo.

You;re right about his movement and positioning they do remind me of Ronaldo too.

He was always my number one choice followed by Huntelaar and then berbatov. I'm not joking that I think he can be the best player in Europe in the future.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
he's a good one..
but sometimes i find berb.. is much better
he is too young.. still need more time to
improve.. but he will be a great player!
cristiano will still get Ballon d'Or

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I really liked fat Ronaldo, but he had bad luck with injuries and has lost his way.

That's a pretty big claim that he's the best striker of the past 30 years though.

What about van Basten, Baggio and Rivaldo?

Definitely Baggio captured my imagination as much as Ronaldo.

You;re right about his movement and positioning they do remind me of Ronaldo too.

He was always my number one choice followed by Huntelaar and then berbatov. I'm not joking that I think he can be the best player in Europe in the future.

Ronaldo did loose his way but he was great in is early days at real madrid too, infact he was scoring goals for fun even with his weight issues and injuries whenever he played and has proved himself wherever he has been.

at barca = legend ...at inter, he destroyed defenses like nobody has ever seen for a long time over there until his injuries ...then having come back, he adjusted his game but still was a huge success at madrid before he started getting injuries and putting on too much fat and left.

This being said, whereever he has played, he has scored goals, for brazil he is known as the phenomenon and is imo there best player since pele...

Rivaldo was a great player, without doubt but he has not achieved what ronaldo has and did at such a young age. Im a huge rivaldo fan but he is not of ronaldos quality...i think rivaldo could be compared more to ronaldinho than ronaldo.

Baggio is an amazing player but he has not achieved what ronaldo has done as an individual player even with all his injuries and thats why i would say he is arguebaly the best striker of the last 30 years..

I am not the only one though, there are millions of people who would say he is arguebaly one of the greatest strikers EVER...

just my personal imo but its not a big statement at all imo and he is without doubt the best player i have ever seen :)

pz

·
Registered
550 Posts
I used to want Benzema at United really badly, but now that we have Berbatov he'll probably have settled down somewhere by the time we're in the market for a major striker again.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
With all the strikers we've got...and some of the young strikers in reserves/academy....its unfortunate because we'll probably never get him. I would have rather had him over Berbatov. Never mind, you know what football is like, in the next several years, many more phenoenal strikers will be waiting for the major clubs to snap them up.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Karim Benzema scored again in his last game and created the second goal of the game.

He is an immense player and I'm starting to get concerned, because I am fascinated by him. Berbatov fascinates me with his touch, ball control and creativity, but Benzema fascinates me with his scoring and directness.

Watch and enjoy!

p.s. Rooney - Benzema - Berbatov anybody?
I would take Benzema over Tevez.

http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/dc3c71e9

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Benzema On The Move!

Karim Benzema has stated that he will join Barcelona or Real Madrid next summer after deciding to leave Lyon.

The French forward was heavily linked with a move to Manchester United before Dimitar Berbatov's arrival at Old Trafford but a number of other European heavyweights have also been tracking his progress.

The 20-year-old has come up through the ranks at Lyon but has now revealed that he will be ready to exit his boyhood club at the end of the season.
Benzema has set his sights on a move to Spain and has invited Barca and Real to vie for his signature.

"My future? I like Spain. Next year I will play for Barca or Madrid," he told France's Stade 2 programme.

Reports suggest that Lyon may allow Benzema to leave the club, but it will be on their own terms and they are believed to be only prepared to listen to offers that could break the world record transfer fee.

One criticism of Benzema is that he is not yet ready to step up and become a star at one of Europe's biggest clubs, but the player himself thinks that is unfair.
He said: "Some people have said I cannot play at the highest level. How ridiculous. I have a lot to learn and am still growing.

"I am only 20 and am working hard to improve all the time." Sky Sports News

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is hope

I like Manchester United - Benzema
http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2008/12/05/Prem-Benzema-on-Man-Utd/gnid-30216/

Lyon's hot property Karim Benzema has refused to reject the idea of moving next summer, and he named three clubs as a possible destination, including Manchester United.

Young internationals in France understand that being transferred to a foreign league just a year before an important international competition can prove tricky, but the ultra-confident Benzema does not share this idea.

And France's goal-machine has named Manchester United, Milan and Real Madrid as clubs he would fancy playing for in the future.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer of the striker and will be happy to read that Benzema sees United as possible future employers.

“I feel good at Lyon, but leaving before or after the World Cup is not going to change anything,†Benzema told Le 10 Sport.

“I do not really watch Ligue 1 football, but I love the English, Italian and Spanish leagues.

“I have been a Real Madrid fan since a kid, but I also like great clubs such as Milan and Manchester [United].â€

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Yep said it a few times on here so far think he would be most fans dream signing at the moment but who would he take the place of anyway if he was to sign for us .

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This guy is the real deal.

He IS a potential future Ballon d'Or winner.

He might not be leading the goal-scoring charts in France, but he's only two behind on ten goals.

BUT he scores great goals and his strikes are lethal. He's two-footed and can score headers too. He has the physique, a winner's mentality, he might not be the fastest, but he's no slouch either. His movement off the ball and with the ball is world-class.

In short a complete striker.

Check out his latest strike over the weekend.

http://videos.sapo.pt/6cSuc6BPVtzGwnR0hhkv

1 - 17 of 17 Posts