Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colin Kazim-Richards has accused Germany of bad sportsmanship following their Euro 2008 semi-final victory over Turkey on Wednesday.

Philipp Lahm struck in the 90th minute in Basel to snatch a 3-2 win for Germany against Fatih Terim's spirited side.

Kazim-Richards picked up an injury just before Lahm netted and the Fenerbahce forward believes Germany should have stopped and put the ball out of play.

He said: "I personally think they will be a little bit upset with the goal that won the game for them.

"This whole tournament has been based around fair play and I think you saw that we did it (put the ball out) a couple of times, we've done it throughout the tournament.

"I'm not the sort of guy to stay down if it's not something serious, I got subbed off and would've played on if I was all right."

Fouled

Lahm, who could have had a penalty after being brought down by Sabri Sarioglu early in the second half, dismissed Kazim-Richards' criticism.

"You can always talk about it after the match but I was fouled on the edge of the box," said Lahm.

Kazim-Richards added that he was disappointed with the manner of Turkey's exit from the tournament after an impressive performance against Germany.

He explained: "In our last two matches the other teams were better than us and we won. This time we were better and yet we lost."

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Kazim was born in England-mother of fair play and I belive that those situations might hurth his fealings.Maybe he is right...diving is not realy typical for English people,but hey.....Turkey did a great job on Euro and I think that they can be very proud on their resault.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Such is life Kazim! Get used to it and over it and blame the cheats who abuse the system and no faults are to the Germans.

This thing would not of even came up if Turkey got knocked out before when they should of as they did not deserve to go through in the first place, isn't that right Kazim? lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts