Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having seen the nervous incounter yesterday at ewood, it looks like sparky has really built a good machine at blackburn with ery limited resources. Having said that keano at sunderland has done a brilliant job in keeping them in the premiership and looks a natural manager now with his aggression being more controlled and look like he has the fear factor to his players much like fergie.

but what i want to know is who would be better for the next manager at united and why ? personally i'd go for keane however i somehow feel most are looking at hughes being a ready made replacement, what do you think guys ?:confused: :eek:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I myself would take Keane. I think he would be mroe adept at keeping the big names in check and spending lots of money on fantastic players whereas i think Hughes is more suited to restricted budget and making a mediocre team play above average.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Both are good managers. But will they be equally successful in a huge club like United? That remains to be seen. How about our current assistant manager Carlos Queiroz? He should have a good understanding with the current group of players.

Having said that, i'm glad to have SAF as our manager. Hope he'll continue for many more years.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
At this oment in time, I'd go with Sparky.....

....however, when Fergie does call it a day, I think I'll be going for Keano.

Its the perfect story! Eh?

Manager has best player he's ever had.....moulds him into a giant figure
head.......lets him go.......manages against him........and then leaves the door
open for him to come in and take over the reins....

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Keane is too inexperienced to manage Manchester United. No offence to our resident Sunderland fan, but their is a massive difference between the two clubs.

Sparky would be the better choice IMO.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
hughes will be the better manaer but by the time SAF leaves..who knows...
maybe keane will be better by then.....but hughes is the best option for now

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Stephen said:
Keane is too inexperienced to manage Manchester United. No offence to our resident Sunderland fan, but their is a massive difference between the two clubs.

Thats why I'd go for Sparky, now.

When Fergie does go, Keane will have gained a lot of experience by then, andunless he doesn't want it, which isn't inpossible, then Sparky will get in.

Fegie will be chirping for Keanes appointment, IMO

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow that would be a absolutely immense, keano and cantona or even one of them on their own will be a great thought :) not forgetting and outsider that spent the very latter stages of his career at old trafford Laurent Blanc ... doing a great job at the moment and some say he's the favourite to take the barca hot seat god forbid fergie leaving but one day it will happen and we need a fresh character, for me sparky is not the right man not saying i wouldnt back him but keane or cantona would be me in dreamland :D

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
blanc is managing bordeaux in france at the moment :) one of the best young managers along wiht michael laudrup at getafe

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
ferguson will have a say in that and at the moment, queiroz seems like the one who would be succeeding ferguson, but i seriously hope not.
sentimentally, keane would be perfect, but he has to prove himself capable of that for another couple of years. one more important thing is that whoever the successor is, he must not feel intimidated by ferguson's work at the club, and keane seems to have the character not to be affected by that

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Stephen said:

Though Keane is my hero, Id go along with what Stephen said.
It all depends when Fergie steps down. Keane could be ready for the job
but not for another 3-5 years,
where as Id have faith in Sparky whenever the time frame.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
mark hughes looks like he has the right way of managing for united but lets not worry for a while we still have fergie by which time keane may be ready

·
Registered
675 Posts
Keano! said:
At this oment in time, I'd go with Sparky.....

....however, when Fergie does call it a day, I think I'll be going for Keano.

Its the perfect story! Eh?

Manager has best player he's ever had.....moulds him into a giant figure
head.......lets him go.......manages against him........and then leaves the door
open for him to come in and take over the reins....
of course u would! look at your name :D:D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I adore the both of them to bits. But if am force to choose between one of them as the future United manager, I'd deffo' go with Sparky. ;)

Sparky entered a rudderless club in disarray when Graeme Souness departed Ewood Park for Newcastle United early in the 2004-5 campaign. Indeed, Blackburn lay slumped without a win in 4 games when Hughes was appointed on September 15th. Instantly, he guided the Lancashire outfit to a win over Portsmouth. Yet he still had a ship to steady, but hitherto has masterminded and revived the club's fortunes in much the same way he did with the Welsh international team in the years prior to arriving at Blackburn.

The club's latin motto translates as ‘by skill and hard work', attributes one would associate with Hughes in his playing days, and he began to imprint them on his team. The following season Blackburn finished in 6th place and European football was ensured. The signing of Craig Bellamy was a masterstroke: a player notorious within the media for having a lot of baggage, the striker hit 17 goals under his old international manager with few problems, proving that Hughes, who learnt his trade under Sir Alex Ferguson as a player, showed he had picked up a thing or two with regards to discipline. Post Christmas 2005, they won 13 of their last 20 games and picked up the home scalps of Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United.

While the season after Blackburn had to rely on the Intertoto Cup as a European route following a respectable 10th placed finish, 1 defeat in the first 11 Premiership games in 2007-8 shows that Hughes is doing something right again.

He has turned Rovers around completely, moulding old fashioned grit with a plethora of attacking talent in the space of 3 years. In terms of signings, Hughes has frequently dipped into the market and found gems oozing with class, and nearly all have been exemplary finds for any aspiring manager at bargain prices; Benni McCarthy, brought in to replace Bellamy, hit 24 goals in all competitions last season while Christopher Samba has proved an absolute steal at £400,000 to complement Ryan Nelsen in defence, picked up on a free transfer.

There have been others; Hughes virtually acquired a new player when he reignited Morten Gamst Pedersen's confidence on the left flank, while David Bentley, signed for around £3.5m from Arsenal, complements the Norwegian beautifully. The two wingers are a joy to watch, both capable of scoring, consistently landing the ball in the danger zone, a frequently devastating threat from set plays and generally wreaking havoc in and around opposing defences. The additions of Stephen Warnock and Roque Santa Cruz also look like excellent forays into the market.

The way in which Matt Derbyshire burst onto the scene in the 2006-7 season has further reinforced the manager's canny judgment. His relationship and popularity with the board and fans are first rate, and while he has been linked with a host of once vacant jobs, such as Tottenham recently and Manchester City through the Summer, his loyalty has been commendable. Surely, however, it can only be a matter of time before Hughes is destined for bigger things, which is our beloved United.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts