Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we lack the midfield general that was keano and captain marvel before him......where are we going to develop/buy one from as this is the most important position in any club. dippers have gerrard, chelski have lampard, we don't have the main man and we need to get it sorted for the long term. hargo , anderson aren't so far showing the could fill the role and be a dominant character aswell as top player. so who would you suggeszt for this position or do we already have them in the squad??

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I'm not really sure who I'd like realistically.

I have said many times that I'm very disappointed that we didn't put up more of a fight when we were monitoring Essien. He would be perfect, and I'd take him without a moments thought if it was realistic.

I was also, and still am hoping, that Anderson can continue to develop and be that man though, despite his current form.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I don't think we have one. I was hoping Carrick could develop into one, maybe Anderson in the future, he's strong as, but that's not really his best position, so we'll see.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Tbh I dont think there are currently any players in World football that are as good
as Keane and Robbo were in their prime. Id agree that we lack a little bite in the
middle or some real fighting leadership in there, but Im happy with our lot.
We just gotta make do and give them a chance to shine.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I fully agree that CM is maybe the most important position. I don't mean that our players are not good but IMO they are not as creative as should be. Just see Barcelona for example. They score more than 3 goals every game. TBH their midfielders look unstoppable. All we need is one player like Xavier Hernánde or Andrés Iniesta. We have a player like them /Scholes/ but he is near his retirement. So we should think about a player who can do the job.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
the 2 midfielders that would be made for utd sadly play for our main rivals and would never be allowed or simply would not ever play for utd ,they are gerrard and essien both of them outstanding players that are made for this club.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
currently our only hope is anderson if he can develop. also ljajic could be although obviously it is still way too early to tell.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Berbatov08 said:

He's too young right now imo to have the same influence as Keano or Robbo..It would take him at least 5 yrs

Carrick looks the best suited rught now. Owen might hve been had it not bbeen for his flipping injuries. ...

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
give carrick another year and we will all be raving about him .

for me he gets more like scholes of old by the game yet he can tackle:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts