Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a bit early but is anyone else starting to think that Keano's Sunderland don't look premiership quality at all? I like most thought that they would stay up easily, but Keano hasn't made the best signings and the squad doesn't look good enough.
After the last minute goal VS Spurs they have lost to L'pool, got battered by relagation-favourites Wigan, and only drew against Blues who they should be beating.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Nah they wont go down. Keane will whip them into shape. They had an off day against Wigan and there is no shame losing to Liverpool as they are title contenders. A draw in Birmingham wasnt the worst result. They will have a long tough season but they certainly wont go down. They still have a couple of more additions to the squad(cole, Harte and maybe Jones)
Also there best 2 players (Whitehead and Edwards) are injured which is unlucky.
With a fully fit squad they will do fine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
They actually looked very good against liverpool.. they created chances but couldnt score (rings any bells?:D) I dont think they will go down..

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
cristiano04 said:
They actually looked very good against liverpool.. they created chances but couldnt score (rings any bells?:D) I dont think they will go down..
hmm....the chances they did make werent that good though.....only realchance was that one-on-one kinda thing from the angle

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
keano's signings look very dodgy though. Andy cole at 35? Chopra for £5 million? Talk of Danny Higgenbotham?
The only Sunderland players i rate are Gordon, Edwards and McShane.
I trust his management skill, but i'm not convinced by his transfer policy.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
i really dont think we should talk so much shit until we win more than one so far, we will kick their ass, but are start hasnt been steller either!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think they will go down. Keano is a scary man and his players wouldn't want to arouse his anger.

I think the main downfall for Keano is that he is untested when it comes to "spotting talents" and grooming them. Now that the premiership is very competitive Keano can't really buy top quality, established players because Sunderland is a low-profile club and he doesn't have that much money. So his only chance is to buy unknown cheap players with potential and try to develop them into stars and as their status improves they, as a team will get better.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
keano is a very good coach....after Sir Alex retires i would love to see him in his place.....i am sure Sunderlan will remain in the Premier League

1 - 15 of 15 Posts