Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kenwyne Jones?

Based on what I've seen of the guy he's gonna be the next Drogba! In a few years do ye think the big clubs will be interested?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
eoininho said:
Based on what I've seen of the guy he's gonna be the next Drogba! In a few years do ye think the big clubs will be interested?

lmao......he's scored a few good goals and looks to be able to play...

but to even mention him in the same breath as Drogba at the moment is ludicrous..

Drogba is world class....has 2 premier league medals....is nearly always top scorer or in top three in the league and practically carries Chelsea FC on his own at times..

lmhao...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
He does look like a top player. I few of us were saying he was quality before he signed for Sunderland. He has bags of potential and should be the difference between Keane staying in the PL or not.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keano4taoiseach said:
lmao......he's scored a few good goals and looks to be able to play...

but to even mention him in the same breath as Drogba at the moment is ludicrous..

Drogba is world class....has 2 premier league medals....is nearly always top scorer or in top three in the league and practically carries Chelsea FC on his own at times..

lmhao...
he scored goals for southampton as well lad!! considering he is leading the line for sunderland, incredible in the air, has an excellent first touch and is still very young I'm suggesting he has potential to be a big player 1 day!

Drogba took two years to settle in england, this kids tailor made!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
eoininho said:
he scored goals for southampton as well lad!! considering he is leading the line for sunderland, incredible in the air, has an excellent first touch and is still very young I'm suggesting he has potential to be a big player 1 day!

Drogba took two years to settle in england, this kids tailor made!

I'll take your views on board....but it is unlikely that he will ever become as good as Drogba....

we'll see..

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
roy keane said he wont be sold in january but he will be soon...saw him play couple of times and he looks quite good..wicked in the air and pretty good at holding people off...maybe better than drogba

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Rumours are floating around in the newspapers that Liverpool are gonna buy him for 12 Million+ Peter crouch :eek: Then again, these are the same newspapers that said Man.utd were gonna buy Jermaine defoe. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I don't think Pool will let Crouchy go, especially after Besiktas...

If he wasn't on the pitch I honestly think it could have been a different story....

He completely distracted the Besiktas defenders and tormented them from the offset......magnificent performance.....

I would love if Liverpool didn't qualify to the knockout stages......lol....

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I have to admit that I didn't know much about Jones before he moved to Sunderland and having seen him play in the Premiership he's made the step up from the Championship very easily. I'd say he's Sunderland's best player and would perform well for most of the teams in the Premiership but I'd be surprised if any of the big 4 moved for him.

·
Banned
47 Posts
I have been very impressed with Kenwyne Jones this season. He is strong, powerful and very quick. I have also been pleasantly surprised that he has very good technique. He is still very young and will continue to improve. The fact that he is playing at Sunderland would make it easy to do a deal. Roy Keane is interested in a number of our young players. We could give them J.Evans plus some money. What does everyone think?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts