Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kleberson is best remembered in England as the second stanza of Sir Alex Ferguson's greatest transfer blunder to date, as he failed to deliver anything close to ₤7million worth after being bought to replace the equally unimpressive – yet decidedly more expensive – Juan Sebastian Veron.

But people often forget that the 29-year-old won two international titles amid his 27 appearances in Brazil's midfield, including the 2002 World Cup.

Scolari was his coach on that occasion, and Kleberson believes the Chelsea faithful have every right to feel excited now that the ex-Portugal boss has taken the reins at Stamford Bridge.

“I believe he has all the qualities to do a wonderful job in England,†the Flamengo man was quoted as saying in The Sun.

“Chelsea fans can expect good things and many trophies under Scolari's management. He has spent the last few years in international management but I have no doubts he will be able to adapt because he has a strong club background.

“The language will probably be the toughest obstacle but I know he speaks and understands English very well.â€

Generous

Indeed, it was arguably on Scolari's recommendation that United swooped for Kleberson in the first place, after he declared the former Atletico Paranaense man was instrumental in the Selecao's 2002 triumph.

And the ex-Besiktas player remains eternally thankful for the relentless backing he received from his coach during that time.

“Scolari is a very generous and kind person,†Kleberson said. “He makes a point in creating a very strong bond with all the players.

“He treats everyone as equals. He named me for the 2002 World Cup when I was a pretty unknown player, even in Brazil. He believed in me and made me a world champion. I will never forget that.â€

Demanding

Scolari is renowned for his ability to command instant and total respect from his players, as well as his disregard for reputations and egos when it comes to squad selection.

Many believe the Blues lacked that calibre of authority last season under Avram Grant, with reports emerging of power struggles throughout the playing squad.

Kleberson insisted the Chelsea players – and the higher ups – have another thing coming if they think they can push Big Phil around.

He said: “Scolari feels the dressing room belongs to him. He says he is hired to manage the team. He doesn't want to know how the club is managed and doesn't try to put his nose in those aspects. He believes directors and other officials should act the same way.

“And he doesn't like to be bossed around in the way he manages the team. He is the coach, he makes the decisions. He chooses who plays and who stays on the bench — and if you don't like that, then you have a big problem.

“He is very demanding. If he sees someone is not giving 100 per cent he becomes mad. He used to say with razil he wouldn't go into battle with players who wouldn't believe in him.â€

·
Registered
566 Posts
yea chelsea will dominate under scolari
BUT only if kleberson was still playing for us. :p
i think he should just shut up and im pretty sure he will eat his words once the season is over.

·
Registered
550 Posts
No one cares what Kleberson has to say.

Why is his name in the Anderson song btw? Saying that Anderson is better than him doesn't say much?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
ManUtd19 said:
No one cares what Kleberson has to say.

Why is his name in the Anderson song btw? Saying that Anderson is better than him doesn't say much?
correct no one gives a rats ass what he has to say.
His name is in the Anderson song cos he was the only other Brazilian to play
for United and Andserson is clearly better than him......so is my nan if we are being fair

·
Registered
550 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
correct no one gives a rats ass what he has to say.
His name is in the Anderson song cos he was the only other Brazilian to play
for United and Andserson is clearly better than him......so is my nan if we are being fair
Lol thanks. At least that's cleared up.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I remember he once played a stormer against Villa, played off V Nistelrooy up front, i was sure at the time it was a turning point for him.. i was wrong..

Has he nothing else to do???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts