Manchester United Talk banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
About Koke?!
Season of his life... Everythings going well for him, just like everyone in Atletico Madrid. Unbelievable fitness level, unbelievable confidence in himself and his team... And great sacrifice and hard work for the team too.
He's a tidy player on the ball too. He's improving his tactical sense... He can play in a double pivot, etc etc.
he is perfect for us..

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
About Koke?!
Season of his life... Everythings going well for him, just like everyone in Atletico Madrid. Unbelievable fitness level, unbelievable confidence in himself and his team... And great sacrifice and hard work for the team too.
He's a tidy player on the ball too. He's improving his tactical sense... He can play in a double pivot, etc etc.
Do you think he's capable of reproducing it here and he's not a one hit wonder?

I didn't think he could play in a 2 man midfield alongside someone like Carrick? From what I saw of him, he doesn't look that comfortable defensively.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Do you think he's capable of reproducing it here and he's not a one hit wonder?

I didn't think he could play in a 2 man midfield alongside someone like Carrick? From what I saw of him, he doesn't look that comfortable defensively.
He needs someone else like Carrick to play with. It's normally Gabi in Atletico, or Ilarra in the u-21... But yeah, he definitely can. He's sacrificed defensively, and even though he's not too big, he is well placed most of the time and wins it in the air too (at least in the Spanish League). He's getting more and more used to vertical-direct play under Simeone, something that would help him here too... My biggest doubt about him was his ability to play short first touch passing game, but he's proved he's more than enough for that too. And we all know how sweet his right foot is.

I wouldn't want to have him in a midfield with someone like Phil Jones though, he needs someone that lays deeper thank him when tryin to start playing... Someone like Carrick would be perfect, but when he has to be the one that sticks between the two CBs and has to come deeper to touch the ball, he obviously loses his verticality, and that doesn't help him.

I think he won't be a one hit wonder, he looks serious, hard working and humble now... Something Simeone will make sure he always remembers.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Would they sell though? Theyre playing better than we are, looking like winning more than we are

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Would they sell though? Theyre playing better than we are, looking like winning more than we are
I wrote in the previous page that anything is possible with that bunch of cunts on control of Atletico...
Logical thing is not to sell him, but god knows...

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Simeone said he should work as hard as everybody else in the squad, that he's no special player, and that everyone expects a lot more from him that what he's given.

Then he gave Oliver the chance to start in the Champions League game, and after he did pretty well he complimented him in the media.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
What is his buy out/release clause out of curiosity?

@Txrt ?
It was 18M at the start of the season, but they signied him a new deal in September. There has never been an official amount out there, but it's supposed to be something between 30 and 35!

EDIT: I'm reading, and some Atletico fans say it's still 20M like last season... They blame it on the board, the fact that they haven't put a higher clause on him...
There's nothing sure and certain with Atletico, but something between 20-35 wouldn't be too bad in my opinion.

·
The Chosen Juan
4,690 Posts
Buy him and stick him behind Rooney if Kagawa continues to be meh there.
No, he should be bought for central midfield. Kagawa will be shoved back onto the left or dropped to the bench once Robin's fit, but if we were to sign someone to play behind Rooney then there's better options out there.

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
He plays ahead of the midfield for Atletico. I'd fear he wouldn't be discplined enough to play in a 2 man midfield next to Carrick, in big games especially.

Would be better going for an all round central midfielder than trying to move one to suit us.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Spanish newspapers are saying that a deal wont be a problem in the sens that the buyout clause is affordable but the biggest problem is convincing koke to leave athletico

·
Registered
727 Posts
Spanish newspapers are saying that a deal wont be a problem in the sens that the buyout clause is affordable but the biggest problem is convincing koke to leave athletico
Enter David de Gea, who is doing more good work in the transfer market for us than any of our scouts or management team have for the last 3 years :p

·
The Chosen Juan
4,690 Posts
He plays ahead of the midfield for Atletico. I'd fear he wouldn't be discplined enough to play in a 2 man midfield next to Carrick, in big games especially.

Would be better going for an all round central midfielder than trying to move one to suit us.
This kid is an all round midfielder, he can play anywhere. Personally, I think he's looked better in a deeper position than he has out-wide, he can definitely play #10 too but we really don't need anymore players for that position, not unless a couple of them leave. This isn't Spain's Ross Barkley, we wouldn't be signing an attacking midfielder who we hope is disciplined enough to become a central midfielder, this kid has proven he can cut it in CM/DM for Athletico and Spain's U21s. He works hard, he creates, he contributes defensively, his set-pieces are good...he'd be a great signing for us.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

He plays mostly on the right for Atletico but he is defensively accomplished to play in a two men midfield alongside Carrick because that combination will dominate possession and be creative enough to make it count . He ideal for us which means we won't get him and I doubt if Atletico would be willing to let him go in January and whether he'd be willing to move and jeopardise his chances of making it to the world cup . The fact that Barca want him to replace Xavi say it all really !

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
Kagawa would be a lot better with him but he'd probably struggle with us compared to Atletico. Play is too static which wouldn't suit him as he needs players with intelligent movement and who'll be willing to move it quick. Similarly to why Kagawa has failed to live upto the hype.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts