Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kris Boyd has walked out on Scotland. On Saturday, Scotland were chasing a goal and decided to put on two strikers, Iwelumo and Steven Fletcher, ahead of Boyd.

Boyd has now said that he won't play for Scotland again while George Burley is the manager, because he isn't getting enough games for Scotland and now sees himself as 5th or 6th choice striker.

Most of you won't care about Boyd and what he has done. However, this thread is more to do with his behaviour in general, and what you would think if a player who plays for your country decided to follow the same route.

Was Boyd right? Should he ever be called up again?

If a player from your country had done the same thing, would you approve? Would you want them to be called up again?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think Boyd is a disgrace. How someone could do this after being left out is childish.
He has a job to do and a country to represent and he has quit cos of a tiff with
Burley. The manager wasnt wrong to give S.Fletcher and Iwelumo a chance as they
had been performing at club level. Im actually disgusted by this behaviour and if
he was Irish I would hate this man.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Boyd is the best striker in the SPL. No matter what though, that's a low thing to do. The bottom line is, if Scotland can win with him, I think he has to go on.

S

·
0 Posts
Toys well and truely thrown out of his pram.
George Burley should never pick him again
and neither should any future managers of
Scotland.

If it was an England player i would say exactly the same.

S

·
0 Posts
piazza said:
Boyd is the best striker in the SPL.
You have got to be kidding saying that :eek:

When was the last time Boyd started two games back to back for Rangers in the past 18 months, also when did Boyd play a FULL 90mins for Rangers.

He can't even get in the Rangers team ahead of Darcheville because Walter Smith doesn't think he's good enough. Now if his club manager doesn't rate him, why the hell should his country pick him?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
You have got to be kidding saying that :eek:

When was the last time Boyd started two games back to back for Rangers in the past 18 months, also when did Boyd play a FULL 90mins for Rangers.

He can't even get in the Rangers team ahead of Darcheville because Walter Smith doesn't think he's good enough. Now if his club manager doesn't rate him, why the hell should his country pick him?

Well, he has the second most goals in the history of the SPL, and was the top/joint top scorer 2 of the past 3 years, has 54 goals in 82 league games with Rangers. Maybe he's had a poor run of form, but he's still a classy player.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
marty davidson said:
he is silly you should always pick playing for your country first than club football
Unless your Scholes or Giggs of course ;)

Im with Sal on the Boyd issue regarding his behaviour and current form in the SPL.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I think Boyd is a disgrace.
Exactly the same words that went through my mind.

To desert your country because you think you deserve more time on the pitch is ridiculous. Then to blame the manager and say you'll never play for Scotland under him is just plain stupid. I would never pick the arrogant so-and-so for Scotland again.

To play for your country should be one of the highlights of any footballers career. You should work hard to get picked and work even harder to keep your place. Not throw a hissy-fit when you're kept on the bench. I have absolutley no respect for Boyd and I am surprised that some Scotland fans have called radio phone-ins to express support for his decision.

Z

·
0 Posts
It's a bit like Carragher really. Except Carragher was never going to be picked in a month of Sundays, how do you retire from a team you don't play for? :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Are you surprised anymore the paying fans boo their players when some act like this?
To be fair I dont know more then whats written here....but who the heck needs enemies when you have friends like that?

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
Boyd is the best striker in the SPL. No matter what though, that's a low thing to do. The bottom line is, if Scotland can win with him, I think he has to go on.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Piazza you made a crime by saying that

Makcie Veneegor Samaras Darchvile Fletcher Riordan Naismith etc.. are much better than him

hes crap as a footballer and as a person

he can't run can't nag the defenders don't have any desire to play don't move etc.. utter ****

and as a person hes a disgrace and he have to understand that hes a ***** footie and there is a million player better than him so if he don't get chosen its not the end of the world and that he have to put more effort in taining and prove that the manager is wrong, not going on a strike and starting with this immature childish behavior

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Kevin Kuranyi did something similar in Germany.

He was with the squad, but didn't make the bench in Germany's 2-1 victory over Russia.

He sat in the stands and left during half-time without telling a soul. The team bus with everyone on it waited for half an hour.

Two of his friends showed up the next day to pick up his stuff from the team's hotel.

I think this behaviour is very diva and prima donna like and should not be tolerated.

Joachim Loew has announced Kuranyi will never play for germany again and in turn Kuranyi has announced his International retirement.

It is very regrettable, but a question of whether the player really has a point.

Unlike some, if a player really sees injustice or something wrong, I think he has a right to throw his toys out of the prem.

In Kuranyi's case, I feel he does not have a point, because Klose, Podolski and Gomez are all better than him.

However, in Boyd's case, I don't think he would have missed from two yards out.

:D

Having said that Iweulmomo (however you spelt it) probably has other attributes and was only starting his first match (I believe), so Boyd should have decided to fight for a place instead of doing a "Heinze".

Then again, it's just Scotland - who wants to play for them anyway?!?!?

Imagined you are captained by the guy who acted in Goonies?!?!?!? :)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys.

I absolutely agree with what you've all said about Boyds behaviour.

Hes an absolute disgrace, a pettied little arrogant, lazy child who thinks he should just walk into the Scotland team and he should never play for Scotland again. I said the same thing about Davie Weir and Lee McCulloch.

I really started this thread because of the fact that there is a vast majority of people sticking up for Boyd in Scotland :eek:, and I wanted to see what unbiased football fans thought.

They are all against George Burley. They have taken Boyds side simply because, imho, Burley has made some very bad decisions and the majority of people want him gone, even though they didn't want him in the first place, and its just another thing to throw at him.

There is a strong Rangers bias in the Scottish media, so I can understand where thats coming from. However, there are some ex-players, like John Hartson, who has defended his actions, and the majority of fans are taking his side.

I feel it quite shameful how some Scots, who are obviously meant to be more passionate about Scotland than the Irish, English, etc but yet they are taking Boyds side and are disrespecting their countrym whereas you can all see what Boyd is. And obviously your view is not biased.

Another thing is also that there are many Scottish players around Britain who would love to just get into the squad, never mind play, but yet he acts like this.

And what makes it worse is that the guy whos meant to be captain of Scotland has defended his actions.

piazza said:
Boyd is the best striker in the SPL.
No he isn't. Boyd is a crap player.

He scores the most goals because all he does is stand in the box.

Hes slow, lazy, immobile etc etc. Yes if you put a cross into the box theres a good chance of him getting on the end of it, but he can't do anything else.

Some people say Van Nistelrooy is just a box player. Well, Kris Boyd makes Van Nistelrooy look like Carlos Tevez.

Boyd has only scored 2 goals from open play since March. He doesn't get picked for the Rangers team, especially in the big games, so why should he walk into the Scotland team?

There are loads of strikers better than him in the SPL, Scottish or otherwise, and some of which abo has mentioned.

As for the Fletcher-Iwelumo argument, they deserved to get on. They are both far better players than Boyd, and are on better form than him this season. Iwelumo may have missed that chance, but hes scored 8 goals in 6 games this season, and played well when he came on apart from that miss.

He was winning everything in the air, and holding up the ball well. And talking about the miss, better players than Iwelumo have missed similar chances. Cristiano Ronaldo, the best player in the World, missed an open goal 2 years ago. Torres and Robinho both missed an open goal in the same game.

If Iwelumo had scored, nobody would have been talking about Boyd.

The only mistake Burley made with Iwelumo was that he didn't start with him upfront along with McFadden.

·
Registered
286 Posts
To be honest i dont think Boyd is crap. He doesn't have a bad record and could of helped his country sometime in the future. But currently he simply isnt good enough for a start and is a disgrace for spitting his dummy out...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
did you ever hear about Darren Mackie

if you had never heard of him you should as he is ten time the player "SPL BEST ST" Kris Boyd and maybe even twice the finisher

your footie world is quit weird mate :p

Piazza world fc

............... ????? Boyd

????? ????? ????? ?????

????? Mexes ????? ?????

.................. ?????

fill it up piazza :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
What is a strikers job?

TO SCORE GOALS.

I don't give two ****s how he goes about it. He scores goals, and more efficiently than your average SPL player.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
piazza said:
What is a strikers job?

TO SCORE GOALS.

I don't give two ****s how he goes about it. He scores goals, and more efficiently than your average SPL player.
Scotland are an average, possibly slightly better than average, team. Anyone saying otherwise are out of their mind.

Therefore, we need 11 players working hard and putting on as good an all-round performance as possible.

We can't afford to have a player just standing there waiting for the ball to come into the box.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
boyd is a muppet.

apparently his time keeping left a lot to be desired , he has also alleged to have been told off for using his mobile during team meetings.

he obviously thinks he is bigger than the team.

scotland are better off without him.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I think he deserves a big fat pay rise myself.

Then he can go out and buy a big artic load of dummies to throw into the corner!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts