Manchester United Talk banner

Team you'd like to win La Liga?

1 - 20 of 326 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almeria: Top Player: Alvaro Negredo Top Signing: Daniel Piatti Prediction 9th

Athletic Bilbao: Top Player Javi Martinez Top Signing: A Sponsor they had not had for years Prediction 10th

Athletico Madrid: Top Player Kim Aguero Top Signing: Tomas Ujfalusi Prediction 6th

Barcelona : Top Player: Lionel Messi Top Signing: Daniel Alves Prediction 1st

Deportivo La Courna: Top Player: Alberto Lopo Top Signing: Omar Bravo Prediction 8th

Espanyol: Top Player: Raul Tamudo Top Signing: : Roman Martínez Prediction 11th

Getafe: Top Player: Esteban Granero Top Signing: Roberto Soldado Prediction 12th

Malaga: Top Player: Nabil Baha Top Signing: Duda Prediction 17th

Numancia
: Top Player: Javier del Pino Top Signing: José Javier Bakero Prediction 20th

Osasuna: Top Player: Kike Sola Top Signing: Santi Ezquerro Prediction: 16th

Racing Stantander: Top Player: Pedro Munitis Top Signing: Ze Antonio Prediction 13th

Real Betis: Top Player: Rafael Sobis Top Signing: Mehemt Aurelio Prediction 4th

Real Madrid: Top Player: Raul Top Signing: Rafael Van der Vaart Prediction 2nd

Real Mallorca: Top Player: Juan Arango Top Signing: Alhassane Keita Prediction 18th

Recreativo Huelua: Top Player: Adrian Colunga Top Signing: Sebastian Nayar Prediction 15th

Seville: Top Player: Luis Fabiano Top Signing: Ndri Romaric Prediction 3rd

Sporting Gijon
: Top Player: Kike Mateo Top Signing: Francisco Maldonado Prediction 19th

Valencia: Top Player: David Villa Top Signing: Pablo Hernandez Prediction 5th

Real Valladolid: Top Player: Fabian Canobbio Top Signing: Henok Goitom Prediction 14th

Villarreal: Top Player: Marcus Senna Top Signing: Joseba Llorente Prediction 7th

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
My Madrid team would be:

------------------------Casillas------------------------

Ramos-----Cannavaro---Pepe---------Marcelo

------------------------Diarra--------------------------

--------Sneijder---Van der Vaart---Robben------

-------------------RVN-------Raul---------------------

Left Robinho out as he will probably be going to Chelsea

Barcelona team:

--------------------------Valdes--------------------------

Alves------------Puyol---------Marquez-------Abidal

---------------Xavi------Toure-----Iniesta-------------

--------------Messi------Eto'o-----Henry--------------

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Watch out for Atletico:
Coupet, Heitinga, Ujfalusi plus they already had some quality as well.

Madrid should win it handily though, as they'll also probably be out of Europe after the Ro16

---------------------------Casillas
Ramos----------Pepe-----------Cannavaro----Marcelo
-----------------------------Diarra

Sneijder--------------------------------------------Robben
-------------------------Van der Vaart

-----------------Raul
-------------------------Van Nistelrooy.

Plus, tons of depth on the bench. All signs point to an open and shut case in Spain this year as they've also tabled a E48 million offer for David Villa.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Under the new manager, I believe Barcelona will be revitalised and will win La Liga. As usual, It'll be between Real and Barca.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i Hope Barcelona win the la Liga this season

Fixtures

Saturday 30th August

Espanyol v Real Vallolid 19.00
Valencia v Real Mallorca 19.00

Sunday 31st August

Ahletic Bilbao v Almeria 18.00
Aletico Madrid v Malaga 18.00
Numancia v Barcelona 18.00
Osasuna v Villarreal 18.00
Racing Santander v Seville 18.00
Real Betis v Recreativo Huelva 18.00
Sporting Cijon v Getafe 18.00
Deportivo La Courna v Real Madrid 20.00

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Long time Barca fan in the his-ouse :D
Been a fan since the mid 80's. Loved players like Bakero, Stoichkov, Rivaldo,
Romario, Maradona, Laudrup etc...
Hope they batter those Madrid ****s this season.
Good work with the thread Marty ;)

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Madrid all the way, love the jersey too.
Good job Marty:) stick some madrid pics up.
one of RUUD VAN NISTLEROOY lol

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Long time Barca fan in the his-ouse :D
Been a fan since the mid 80's. Loved players like Bakero, Stoichkov, Rivaldo,
Romario, Maradona, Laudrup etc...
Hope they batter those Madrid ****s this season.
Good work with the thread Marty ;)
Same here actually, although for some reason I started to 'go off' them around 2007 :confused:

I think Barcelona win win it. Last season Madrid were very overrated. They won it as much as Barca lost it, it was as if neither side even wanted to win it until Barcelona officially cracked.

I'm looking forward to seeing Keita and Alves for them, aswell as seeing how Bojan progresses (and any other youngster who 'turns up').

I think they might change there tactics aswell. Henry has been told that he will play down the middles this season so maybe they will have an interchanging 2 with Eto'o and Henry.

Obviously Messi is the star of the show, but like someone else said, excpect him to pick up a few injuries along the way.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Rossi does for Villareal. He started off brilliantly last season and was joint top scorer at 1 point, until he got injured and never really regained his form.

Forlan is another player who I hope does well. I have a soft spot for Forlan and I wish we never sold him.

Obviously the likes of Villa, Silva, Garay, ect are gonna be exciting to watch aswell.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
David Villa has ended uncertainty surrounding his future by signing a long-term deal with Valencia.

Real Madrid have reportedly been considering a move for Villa's services as they seek a replacement for Chelsea-bound forward Robinho.

Although how keen Real were remains unknown after vice-president Fernando Gomez insisted they received no formal offer for the 26-year-old Spain international.

Either way the La Liga champions will have to turn their attention elsewhere with Villa not interested in a move to El Santiago Bernabeu.
Staying

President Vicente Soriano told the club's official website: "The best striker in Europe is staying at Valencia.

"We announce that David Villa and Valencia will remain together for many years to come."

Instead of seeking a lucrative deal with Real, Villa has now put pen-to-paper on a deal with Valencia that ties him to the club until the end of the 2014 season.

Very happy

"It is a very happy day for me. In the last month and a half lots of things have happened around me that I have not experienced before," said Villa.

"Valencia have preferred to keep me rather than to cash in on the large amount of money that was being offered.

"I want to thank Valencia for this gesture. I am very grateful to this club for what they have given me and I hope to continue to give good performances."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_4057402,00.html

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
marty davidson said:
Real Madrid: Top Player: Raul Top Signing: Rafael Van der Vaart Prediction 2nd
Raul? Seriously? Over the likes of Ruud, Robinho, Sneijder, Ramos, Casillas, Van der Vaart, Diarra, and Marcelo. Wow.:confused:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Madrid all the way, love the jersey too.
Good job Marty:) stick some madrid pics up.
one of RUUD VAN NISTLEROOY lol
how can you say your a United fan and then say that.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Drew9 said:
how can you say your a United fan and then say that.
He's just talking about Spain. They have Ruud and Heinze, and had Becks. A lot of United supporters choose Real in Spain.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Madrid, because everytime they've won it this decade, we won the Prem in the same year :)
Its annoying we have such a connection with a pile of ***** like Madrid.

piazza said:
He's just talking about Spain. They have Ruud and Heinze, and had Becks. A lot of United supporters choose Real in Spain.
I would have thought thought people would hate Madrid because of that tbh.

I still love RVN but I despise his club.

A 4-3 Loss every game with RVN getting a hatrick and Heinze getting sent off is the perfect scenario for me.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I love la liga!

I think madrid will start the season as favourites though i do think that robinho will be missed by them if he leaves. Not because he is amazing every game for them but he does make a different alot of times for them with moments of magic. Also how reliable is robben? He might get injured in a warm up and be out for 3 months...schneider is out long term and ruud and raul are a year older. Rafeal Van der vaart has it all to prove and they might find that they will either have an amazing season or one with quite a few problems.

Sevilla have a pretty strong team and fabiano is a legend as far as im concerned...lol, sorry just a big fan myself but the problem with spanish teams are they are very unpredictable...They could finish as high as top 2 if they played oout there skins or they could even drop out of the top 4 if they believe there hype.

Barcelona come into the season fresh but for how long? Is Henry a problem in the dressing room? He doesnt seem to have the complete backing of his team mates and his own fans jeer him at times. Though he has been told he will play a more central role this season and after a season of bedding in, this season he has no excuses for poor form. Eto'o staying is huge for them because as a striker imo he is better than henry but not sure he is the same player after all his thigh problems and for how long this new fresh harmonious approach from barca will last. As soon as something goes wrong, we may see the egos from the CL winning team start to re-emerge and problems created. However keita and alves are great signings and they will do all they can to keep the amazing messi fit.

I think barcelona have the potential to win it...messi, eto, henry, xavi, etc plus the likes of bojan coming through but it could also be a year too early...Though i do love the football they play and will be watching there matches...

Watch out for aguero though, if him and forlan get going like they did last season and improve even further, atletico COULD make top 4-5 again.

pz

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
TheManc said:
Its annoying we have such a connection with a pile of ***** like Madrid.

I would have thought thought people would hate Madrid because of that tbh.

I still love RVN but I despise his club.

A 4-3 Loss every game with RVN getting a hatrick and Heinze getting sent off is the perfect scenario for me.
I just hate Heinze. Kinda glad they took Becks tbh, he looked past it by then, and we got that Ron...Ronny?...dunno if I'm spelling that right.

1 - 20 of 326 Posts