Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Goal.com

The transfer saga of Bayern Munich & German international full back Philipp Lahm to Spanish giants FC Barcelona is almost a done deal according to reports in the Spanish press.

The Spanish sports paper ‘As’ has reported that the defender has come to agreement with the Catalan giants over a four year contract.

What is unclear though is whether the 24 year old will join this summer for a fee, or arrive next summer on a free transfer.

“Philipp Lahm has a contract with us until 2009 and I believe that he will fulfil it” commented Bayern Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

The German club recently withdrew their offer of an extension to the international’s contract after his demands were deemed to high. Lahm looks set to be a direct replacement for Gianluca Zambrotta, who is poised to return to his homeland, probably with AC Milan.

Even though Bayern manager Uli Hoeneß explained that the club’s decision to withdraw the contract offer didn’t mean the door was closed on Lahm, the player admitted in an interview with ‘Stern’ that his mind was made up.

“My decision is set. My career plan means that one day I will leave FC Bayern and not just when I have reached my peak” he said.

“For me the logical step is play abroad.”

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
lahm would be a good adition to the squad but if he choses Barcelona..it's his decision....we'll find someone else

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wazza1989 said:
lahm would be a good adition to the squad but if he choses Barcelona..it's his decision....we'll find someone else
But sadly United will only be left with Jose Bosingwa, the only player out of those right-backs whom we were linked to during the summer transfer window market.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Lahm is a quality player, there is no denying that, but why is everyone
so obsessed with buying new players all the time.
Lets at least wait till the season is over ffs.
Ever heard of Neville?, Brown? or OShea, Simpson, Pique, Evans etc......
We need to chill with these transfer dealings till AFTER the season.
We all know a forward is the main priority...
Wes just signed a new deal and our club captain hasnt gone just yet.....

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I hope its not true because Lahm is the RB I want, as I've said many times :p

I really like Simpson, and would love for him to get a chance, but Lahm is absolute class and can provide cover for both FB positions.

And as I've also said many times, Alves is a definite NO! He can't defend to save himself.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Omg Barca has got Alves and now they also (supposedly) got Lahm?? Eh..lets just hope its not true (I doubt it because there is no official quotes saying he did sign for Barca) and lets hope we snap him up asap!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
sparkic said:
Omg Barca has got Alves and now they also (supposedly) got Lahm?? Eh..lets just hope its not true (I doubt it because there is no official quotes saying he did sign for Barca) and lets hope we snap him up asap!
actaully both are supposedly right???:confused:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
rd4l loves to print these nothing storys it was only the other week he printed alves had signed for barce he gets rubbish stoprys off the gutter press stop printing this rubbish

1 - 15 of 15 Posts