Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Goal.com

Chelsea star Frank Lampard has warned league leaders Manchester United that the race for the title is "far from over".

The Sky Blues effectively became United's most serious challengers by coming from behind to beat Arsenal 2-1 on Easter Sunday, and with Alex Ferguson's side still to visit Stamford Bridge the season is setting up for a grandstand finale.

"United have to come here so basically we have to try to win all our games and if we can beat United and they drop points then we have got a chance, it is as simple as that," reasoned the England midfielder.

"It is far from over. Manchester United know that and we know that but it is important that we try to win our games in the meantime before we play them.

"The win was very important. We were 1-0 down and had we lost we would have been virtually out of the race. We knew that.

"That is why we dug in so hard and pulled it round. The spirit of the lads, especially at 1-0 down, was fantastic."

Ivorian superstar Didier Drogba struck both goals in the comeback victory, and he is rightfully receiving the plaudits according to Lampard.

"It was Didier at his best," the ex West Ham man added. "He had two of the best centre-halves in the Premier League, if not the world, against him and he gave them a horrible afternoon.

"When Didier is like that, he has got the lot and he got his reward towards the end.

"We always know that when you have Didier in your team he is going to be a big threat.

"Even if it is not him scoring winning goals like he did, he is always a big threat and a powerhouse and that was him at his best today."

Meanwhile Lampard has admitted his chances don't look good after damaging his hip during the 2-1 win on the weekend.

"I got a knock on my hip in the first half and it was pretty painful all the way through," said the midfielder. "I'm going to report with England and I just hope it's okay."

Lampard missed Capello's first game in charge with a thigh injury.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
lol.........Good Luck to him!

You've still got a lot of work to do Frank before you can overtake us!
A long way to go fo you's and we're just rolling ona an on and on and on........

·
Registered
156 Posts
no its far from over but do you think that we would throw a 5 point lead away having worked hard to cvatch up with arsenal ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
It is true that the title race isn't over yet, but you have to say we are in a good position. Frank can hardly say that Chelsea have given up on the Premiership, with 7 games to go. I think Chelsea are in with a shout, but United will hopefully have enough to see it through

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Ha. Lampard just blowing hot air.Seriously,Manchester United,probably the most known and best supported club in the world are going to throw a five point lead to Chelski?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yeah and Essien said last season they are going to win the EPL title with 5 points gap and HAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT! Lampard can keep playing mind games but its not going to work with the current form and squad we have! At least chelsea's title challange keeps things interesting just like liverpool's struggle for 4th place lmao

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I can't believe we are sooooo close to the end of the season already ... :(

I will be shocked if we don't win this now ...

5 points ahead - add another point for the massive goal diference advantage we have (again) ...

And it looks a pretty safe journey - avoiding defeat at Chelsea will make it a lot easier of course ... but a defeat there would not be the end ...

I am confident ...

But it's not over until the fat lady sings ...

I can hear her doing her vocal excersises though ... ;)

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
^^^haha yeah but lets hope the players do not get complacent or tired because we have a pretty tough run in and that is without the CL matches!

·
Registered
488 Posts
We have to take every match by storm... The title race is still on but we are ending it in style. Sorry Frank got to be frank with you that we will beat you in Stamford Bridge... With the form we are in we are unbeatables... We outplayed Liverpool way too much...

·
Registered
216 Posts
sorry sorry frank!!!!!!!!! and STOP day dreaming, we dont care about your mind games,the title MUST GO BACK HOMEEEEEEEE//////

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we'll outrun you......not so difficult!!!! ;) ......anyway....he can talk all he wants...but the advantage is with united.....they have to win to keep this alive....united only need a draw....so the advantage is with us...we just have to see what happens

1 - 16 of 16 Posts