Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frank Lampard hopes Chelsea captain John Terry escapes a suspension after being sent off at Manchester City.

Terry was dismissed 13 minutes from the end of the 3-1 win at the City of Manchester Stadium on Saturday after bringing down Jo near the centre circle.

Referee Mark Halsey produced a straight red card, although Ricardo Carvalho was covering his defensive partner.

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has yet to decide whether to appeal the decision, with Terry currently due to miss next week's showdown with Manchester United.

However, Lampard is in no doubt that Halsey made the wrong decision and is keen for the incident to be reviewed.
Not a professional foul

"If there are two men behind the ball it cannot be a professional foul," said Lampard.

"Hopefully they will address it.

"I saw Robbie Keane brought down by Nemanja Vidic at Anfield.

"It was exactly the same thing and it was a yellow card, which is what a block like that should be."

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I hope he doesn't win his appeal, but, being honest, it wasn't a red.

Although he blocked him off, Carvalho was coming in from the side.It was the same situation as Vidic's yellow card, and neither were reds.

But hopefully he doesn't win his appeal :D

Z

·
0 Posts
manutd004 said:
I hope he doesn't win his appeal, but, being honest, it wasn't a red.

Although he blocked him off, Carvalho was coming in from the side.It was the same situation as Vidic's yellow card, and neither were reds.

But hopefully he doesn't win his appeal :D
I disagree, Terry's was a professional foul because he deliberately stopped him by rugby tackling him. The red should stand and it should be extended for making a frivolous appeal.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
well he deserve it mate if he wouldnt stop that player a goal would be in
I dont think he deserved it. It was cynical but by the letter of the law it should
have just been a yellow. Carvalho had him covered anyway. I still hope he
misses the game against us but a 3 game ban for a straight red would be well harsh.
(not that I actually care) :p

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I dont think he deserved it. It was cynical but by the letter of the law it should
have just been a yellow. Carvalho had him covered anyway. I still hope he
misses the game against us but a 3 game ban for a straight red would be well harsh.
(not that I actually care) :p
well mate terry was beaten and one to one to carvalho and another man C player on the left alone surely it would be a goal 2 player against carvalho i dont think he could handle and terry did that because he know that he was beaten

1 - 6 of 6 Posts