Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L'arse 0 - west ham 0.....I just love it....

Just too ponderous, with no cutting edge.....look like a beaten team to me!

I could look at the frustration on arse'ne's face all day!

But alas, we have the Champions to enjoy! :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I said before the season started, that if Fab got hurt it would be a struggle to finish 4th, but I thought for sure, it'd be their North London neighbors chasing them down.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
at the end of the day, i don't deny that wenger has been a quality manager for them. he has refused to compromise on his philosophy of not spending big, and every so often he welds together a fantastic team and he wins the league.
yes they have a cup game on wednesday, but they bread and butter is the league. even more so, home games. so to leave your top scorer on the bench against a west ham team that are playing well just seems bizarre. i think arsenal's problem is that they lack a bit of steel. if you go throughout their team, they are all technically good but they lack a vidic at the back, an essien/anderson in midfield and a world class keeper.
having said that, they always seem to pick up when there is no pressure. i am told by arsenal fans i know that this is an identical situation to 1997/98. whilst i don't see a fairytale ending for them like that year, i expect that with liverpool and chelsea not completely convincing, they will start grinding out results and then get into a good position come april/may

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
The defence is poor and there attack isnt producing enough goals .

This is due to the lack of cutting edge they all want to walk the ball into the net.

As for Van Persie Arsenal fans love him but to me he is very greedy who only seems to have himself in mind when in the box.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
The defence is poor and there attack isnt producing enough goals .

This is due to the lack of cutting edge they all want to walk the ball into the net.

As for Van Persie Arsenal fans love him but to me he is very greedy who only seems to have himself in mind when in the box.
man i hate that **** :mad: does anyone remember when we played them in the Carling cup and he tried to elbow Kieran Richardson but got his own player and them he had the ball at the final whistle and Richardson came in and clattered him with a sliding tackle :D lol i never laughed so much haha :p

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
cantos red army said:
man i hate that **** :mad: does anyone remember when we played them in the Carling cup and he tried to elbow Kieran Richardson but got his own player and them he had the ball at the final whistle and Richardson came in and clattered him with a sliding tackle :D lol i never laughed so much haha :p

Yeah I was at the game it was a crap on aswell we won 1-0 bellion scored in the first minute.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
Yeah I was at the game it was a crap on aswell we won 1-0 bellion scored in the first minute.
yup...but that was the highlight of the match for me :p he is a good player no denying it but i still hate him hes up there with terry and lampard for me :mad:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
cantos red army said:
yup...but that was the highlight of the match for me :p he is a good player no denying it but i still hate him hes up there with terry and lampard for me :mad:

Yeah he was a right knobhead that night it says something about the man when his own team mate Gallas went to the press to tell them everyone hates him in the squad .

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
Yeah he was a right knobhead that night it says something about the man when his own team mate Gallas went to the press to tell them everyone hates him in the squad .
ya agree totally i read somewhere aswell he was playing a reserves match from whoever they bought him from(feynoord i think) and there was a pitch invasion and all the fans attacked him and no one else the opposition fans that is :eek: i think id still throw him a dig if i was an arse fan though :rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Van Persie apparently had an argument with Sneijder this summer aswell.

I remember Adebayor apparently saying to Bendtner "I'm coming on because
you're shit" and even when Bendtner was perfectly positioned to score Adebayor
would still ignore him.

Gallas was quite funny aswell when he talked about someone 6 years his junior
[I think], who thought much of himself and sat in Henry's place in the French National Team coach and said he didn't like him. Didn't take a genious to
realize he was talking about Nasri.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
cantos red army said:
ya agree totally i read somewhere aswell he was playing a reserves match from whoever they bought him from(feynoord i think) and there was a pitch invasion and all the fans attacked him and no one else the opposition fans that is :eek: i think id still throw him a dig if i was an arse fan though :rolleyes:

To be totally honest we have a knobhead in our squad aswell but the team needs him Im afraid I will never change my view on Ronaldo but I am softening my stance though I even sang Viva Ronaldo when he scored 2 the other night.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
To be totally honest we have a knobhead in our squad aswell but the team needs him Im afraid I will never change my view on Ronaldo but I am softening my stance though I even sang Viva Ronaldo when he scored 2 the other night.
what :eek: never ;) :p ! ya but the thing is the players seem here seem to like ronaldo im not sure about the arsenal players and like u said gallas said they all hated him

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
RedAdam said:
at the end of the day, i don't deny that wenger has been a quality manager for them. he has refused to compromise on his philosophy of not spending big, and every so often he welds together a fantastic team and he wins the league.
yes they have a cup game on wednesday, but they bread and butter is the league. even more so, home games. so to leave your top scorer on the bench against a west ham team that are playing well just seems bizarre. i think arsenal's problem is that they lack a bit of steel. if you go throughout their team, they are all technically good but they lack a vidic at the back, an essien/anderson in midfield and a world class keeper.
having said that, they always seem to pick up when there is no pressure. i am told by arsenal fans i know that this is an identical situation to 1997/98. whilst i don't see a fairytale ending for them like that year
, i expect that with liverpool and chelsea not completely convincing, they will start grinding out results and then get into a good position come april/may
Good point and one which I've made before too.

They don't have a strong spine and with Flamini gone (who wasn't the hardest of players either), they just look a bit weak.

Even Hleb could give them a bit of bite when it was needed, but they lost him too.

They also don't have a single british player, who plays regularly, except for Walcott and he is a winger.

Sagna is that steely player for them, but he's not playing in the centre either.

Also, the team spirit is clearly not there anymore. Gallas, Bendtner, Adebayor and van Persie seem to be trying to be more important than the team and without a real leader, there must be trouble.

All this makes for good watching as a rival fan and there will be no fairy tale ending.

The other big 4 teams have stronger squds than in 97/98 and are much more expereinced. They also don't have the talismanic players, leaders and talent like that team had.

If Villa continue like they have, Arsenal are seriously looking at missing out on a CL spot.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
PeeJay said:
Van Persie apparently had an argument with Sneijder this summer aswell.

I remember Adebayor apparently saying to Bendtner "I'm coming on because
you're shit" and even when Bendtner was perfectly positioned to score Adebayor
would still ignore him.

Gallas was quite funny aswell when he talked about someone 6 years his junior
[I think], who thought much of himself and sat in Henry's place in the French National Team coach and said he didn't like him. Didn't take a genious to
realize he was talking about Nasri.[/QUOTE
]

It was Van persie he was talking about peejay it was comfirmed in all the newspapers lol!!

Nasri never even came into the equation .

Yeah I have to agree though there doesnt seem many friends over at the emerates does there.

If I remember rightly Ashley Cole wanted out because he said he didnt like the dressing room he felt lonely .

There is so many big ego's at the club I dont know how Wenger keeps them all happy.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Arsenal are such a confused team
Sometimes they will play really inspiring stuff and then they will mess up

It was at a similar time last year when their form began to drop and handed us the title
I think they really miss Hleb and Flamini and also Cesc

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
i think the whole gallas thing hasn't fully gone away yet but they have so many problems, anyway im pleased for villa not just cos the arse would be out of the champo's league and would have financial problems but also cos villa are a team u like to see win unless they play against us lol. I think the arse should just go out and spend now because the champion's league spot is worth hell of a lot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts