Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Henrik Larsson is excited about rejoining his former Manchester United teammates for this Saturday's FA Cup final at Wembley.

The striker scored three goals during a loan spell at Manchester United earlier this year, including one against his old Celtic boss Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa in the third round.

And United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has invited him along to watch United take on Chelsea in the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley.

Larsson told the Daily Record: "Sir Alex told me if United got to the Final I would be his guest and he is a man of his word.

"It should be a fantastic day and from what I've seen on TV the new Wembley looks incredible.

'Growing up in Sweden I used to watch the FA Cup Final every year and it has so much history.

"I played in four rounds for United in the FA Cup so it's nice to have played a very small part in helping the club getting to the Final." Larsson was delighted to see his former team-mates beat Chelsea to seal the Premiership title last week and would love to cheer them on to another trophy.

He said: "Chelsea are a great team but obviously I'll be backing United.

"The team managed to win the Premiership playing fantastic football and adding the FA Cup would be the ideal way for them to finish the season.

"I'm just very grateful that Sir Alex and Manchester United have invited me for their big day.

"It was a tremendous experience to play for United and I made a number of friends while I was there.

"They're a great bunch of lads and I'm really looking forward to seeing them all again."

·
Registered
7 Posts
it would of been better if larsson was part of the line up... but nice to have him bk to watch... give em a standing ovasion to show authority and how proud we were to have him in red

S

·
0 Posts
i agree. would've liked to seen more of him for us. such a great player.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts