Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Arsenal player Seb Larsson has branded Arsene Wenger "childish and idiotic" for the way he attacked Martin Taylor after Saturday's Birmingham game. The Swede accused the Gunners of being sore losers.

Wenger, enraged at Taylor's leg-breaking and season-ending tackle on Gunners striker Eduardo, called for the Birmingham defender to be banned from football for life, something he later retracted.

Nevertheless, the comments have angered the Blues, who feel their player is being unfairly victimised for what was an unfortunate but ultimately not a malicious challenge.

Sore Loser Wenger

"It's idiotic and childish for Wenger to say things like that," blasted Seb Larsson, who moved to Birmingham 18 months ago after four seasons with the Gunners.

"Of course it was horrible to see. But everybody who knows Martin would also know he would never hurt anybody on purpose and for Wenger to say things like that just prove he is a sore loser. Then again, his whole team were the same," Larsson added. "Arsenal were in a bad mood all game. They were very unsportsmanlike." Team-mate Stephen Kelly added: "That is disgraceful talk from Arsene Wenger. It is terrible."

This is the second accusation towards Arsenal of being poor losers and sportsmen in a week. Several Gunners players were seen kicking Manchester United's men during their 4-0 FA Cup thumping at Old Trafford.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Tbh ...i can see why wenger said the thing he said...at that moment...it is too tense for anyone to think especially its one of his players. Looking at the circumstances of the incident and the reaction of the arsenal players, im actually surprise they can still play and get a draw, they all look traumatise. Not knowing the outcome of the injury too many things is on his mind and he said that at the heat of the moment...but what matter now is he realise he was wrong and taken back what he said. Thats the most important thing even thou an apology to Martin will be much appropriate.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Larsson is out of order. I would have done the same as Wenger AND he apologied the next day. I do not have a problem with Wenger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts