Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Have to disagree Miss Carly. He has earned his right over the many years he has played for United. Being captain as well means he should walk back into the first 11. I can see your point...if it aint broke dont fix it, but its not as if Nev makes many mistakes. You can ALWAYS rely on him to be solid and to add something going forward. As soon as he's ready he should go straight back in.
I agree with you Jazz, Nev should go back into the team, I have never heard of a fit Captain sitting on the bench. AS you said Nev makes no mistakes and he has the experience and the determination, and he has that fighting edge to him something that you want in a player, Brown has done well, very well indeed but Neville is Neville!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Being captain as well means he should walk back into the first 11.
That's the problem England had with Beckham - he walked into the team even when playing poorly.

Fergie sees much more of the players than we do (in training etc) so he will know when Neville is ready to return to action...but he has to train hard and play hard just like everyone else.

No one has a right to play for Manchester United - not even the likes of Neville, Giggs and Scholes who have been with the club for over a decade.

That's my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
reddwarf said:
That's the problem England had with Beckham - he walked into the team even when playing poorly.

Fergie sees much more of the players than we do (in training etc) so he will know when Neville is ready to return to action...but he has to train hard and play hard just like everyone else.

No one has a right to play for Manchester United - not even the likes of Neville, Giggs and Scholes who have been with the club for over a decade.

That's my opinion anyway.
The only thing I would say to that is that United know how to pick great captains. Keane, Bruce, Robson, Eric, Nev etc- Players like that need to be in the team. As much as I liked Beckham, having him as England captain was a bit of a joke imo.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
The only thing I would say to that is that United know how to pick great captains. Keane, Bruce, Robson, Eric, Nev etc- Players like that need to be in the team. As much as I liked Beckham, having him as England captain was a bit of a joke imo.
Good point, I can't argue with that!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts