Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard rumours of the plan when the skeikh took over, now it sounds like he is serious about it. :rofl:

They can't even fill the Wastelands as it is (unless they are playing United), so they have no chance of filling a 65,000 Middle Eastlands Stadium. :rofl:

Manchester City to expand stadium - euFootball.BIZ - football (soccer) business news

Manchester City to expand stadium
11 Mar, 09 | England | Stadiums & facilities

English Manchester City Football Club is interested in increasing the capacity of City of Manchester Stadium, the club's current home located in East Manchester.

The club wants to expand the stadium to seat 65,000, which would make it the second largest football stadium in England. Manchester Stadium currently seats 48,000.

Rumours have been circulating within the construction business concerning Manchester City's interest in increasing their stadium size. News of the World reported that the owners are having a few difficulties, and will need to settle them before construction on the stadium can begin to attract all the extra 'glory hunters' they will need to fill it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do they even own the stadium ?
maybe a name change next , the abu dhabi airlines atadium of soccer..
No, that's why Reds call it the council house. :rofl: Owned by Manchester City Council. :thumbsup:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will they be allowed to do this with it not being their own stadium? Will the council be grateful that Citeh will pay to upgrade it?

I'm not sure how that would work :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will they be allowed to do this with it not being their own stadium? Will the council be grateful that Citeh will pay to upgrade it?

I'm not sure how that would work :confused:
I think they have it written into their contract/lease that they can expand the size of the stadium if (a big IF) there is the need but that the Bitters must foot all the costs involved and prove to the council that it would benefit the local community.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think they have it written into their contract/lease that they can expand the size of the stadium if (a big IF) there is the need but that the Bitters must foot all the costs involved and prove to the council that it would benefit the local community.
Surely it would be easily proven that there isn't a need? They struggle to fill it now :blink:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Surely it would be easily proven that there isn't a need? They struggle to fill it now :blink:
Exactly. :D

Though by 2020 they might have won the under 5s league, had an open top bus parade and got another 17,000 glory hunters dressed as blue plastic seats. :rofl:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
now now guys its all good and proper taking the piss out of city but lets not forget city are a MASSIVE club so they need a MASSIVE stadium to match there MASSIVE ambitions.... of winning the coca-cola championship

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Another laugh out of city

Was reading the football gossip on bbc football and came across this gem:

Manchester City executive chairman Garry Cook says Kaka would have struggled to oust Stephen Ireland from the team if the Brazilian playmaker had moved to Eastlands from Milan. (Daily Mail)

:rofl:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I was reading in the newspaper today that City are the bookies favourites to win the UEFA Cup this season after AC Milan, Valencia, Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Aston Villa and Tottenham were all eliminated in the last round.

Hopefully Aalborg will batter them tonight and end any hope they have of avoiding 34 years...f*** all. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts